Senior Art Director
Moda Operandiis an e-commerce platform transforming the way people discover and shop for designer fashion. Through its innovative mix of commerce and content, Moda allows women to shop for what’s new and what’s next in designer fashion from the world’s leading emerging designers and luxury brands.
We are seeking a qualifiedSenior Art Directorto support our creative team and collaborate cross-functionally across Content, Marketing, E-commerce and Paid Media. The Sr. Art Director is responsible for the conception, design, art direction, and on-brand execution of visual materials for the organization. The role will deliver creative solutions for a diverse range of marketing and integrated communications needs, across multiple defined lines of business, and participate in all activities related to the development of creative solutions, including collaboration with both online and offline areas for the company.
This is a hybrid role with 1 day a week in our Brooklyn NYC office required.
Moda abides by the NYC vaccination mandate for workplaces, as such only candidates with completed covid-19 vaccinations will be considered for this role.
For consideration, please include a link or pdf of your work.
Responsibilities (include But Are Not Limited To)
- You will work with the Creative Director in ideating and executing innovative ways to enhance Moda Operandi through photo, video, typography and graphics.
- Ensure creative concepts are consistently carried through all aspects of a project.
- Ability to clearly articulate and present creative work to the marketing team and senior leaders.
- Develop and implement unique, creative and innovative concepts and design strategies across the full spectrum of the rich interactive media environment.
- Concept, plan, identify talent (model/ photographer) and art direct photoshoots.
- Support with retouching notes and post production needs.
- Establish job specifications to conform to project scope and budget parameters.
- You will encourage continuous improvement by identifying efficiencies and proposing solutions to benefit the team.
- Design and cut assets across all channels (including email and social story design, site assets, paid media style guides, digital and printed collateral, internal and client facing decks etc.)
- Storyboarding and Video art direction. Light editing is a plus.
- Ideate new design templates for email, sale initiatives, social media templates, seasonal campaign launches, site banners and site editorial (digital) stories on site.
- Establish and evolve clear style guides to help drive faithful execution against these templates.
- Understand project goals and adhere to deadlines.
- Maintain brand consistency and quality across all media.
- Maintaining an awareness of emerging trends and new ideas, and translating these into communication and design.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 6+ years experience in an online and/or E-commerce environment
- Photo Art Direction experience within the luxury fashion industry.
- Must be proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and ideally Sketch (additional motion software a plus).
- Strong understanding of design principles, layout and best practices and a desire to continually strengthen that understanding.
- Good understanding of print production and materials.
- Excellent typography skills and an extreme attention to detail.
- Familiarity with Keynote, Google Docs and Monday.com a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work both in collaboration with designers/directors, but also tackle projects autonomously (ability to work with minimal direction, showing strong initiative).
- Knowledge of or an interest in the Fashion and luxury industry a plus.
- Positive disposition with collaborative work ethic.
Benefits Of Joining Moda Operandi
- Medical, dental & vision coverage
- 401k matching
- Annual bonus program
- Generous PTO policy
- Summer Fridays
- Winter Recess
- Pet Insurance discounts
- Mental Health support including Head Space
- Wellness Program including memberships to HeadSpace, Carrot & OneMedical
- Generous merchandise discounts
The job description is to be used merely as a guide of expectations rather than an exhaustive list of all duties and competencies. All requirements and skills are subject to change as business needs evolve.