Senior Art Director, Photo
Bloomingdale's makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale's like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Job descriptionJob Overview:
The Senior Art Director of Photography contributes to the overall function of our in-house online Creative team. The Senior Art Director leads the Product Detail Page (PDP) initiatives and defines, leads and communicates the Bloomingdale's aesthetic to the creative team. Elevates and evolves the site aesthetic while supporting the overall brand direction. The Senior Art Director conceptualizes high level campaigns and follows through to execution. The individual will take ideas from concept to creative to final execution with ease. The individual will display outstanding creative fashion and on figure art direction skills to work on multiple projects for Bloomingdales.com.
- Leads and supervises e-commerce photography and digital projects.
- Partner with design team and operations in close collaboration with the heads of Photography and Design, Associate Creative Directors, and Project Planners.
- Manages talent for photo shoots including hiring of Photographers, Hair & Make-up Artists, Stylists, and Models
- Facilitates post-production of shoots
- Manages the aesthetics with digital technicians to standards expected and to ensure concepts are compelling and aligned to brand vision.
- Partners with Studio Analysts to determine budget projections and budget creation. Partners with Photo Producers to operate within budget standards
ProfileQualifications and Competencies:
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year colleague or university
- 5+ years direct experience
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Complete fluency in Photoshop, InDesign, Excel and Capture One
- Lead objectives of on-set operations for both fashion and still life
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Requires prolonged periods of sitting, with occasional standing
- Occasionally requires walking, bending, reaching, hearing, and talking
- Continuous use of computers and other office equipment
- Frequently lift/move up to 25 lbs.