Senior Art Director - Streaming
Reporting to the Brand Creative Director, the Sr. Art Director will support brand style across all platforms and work on a broad range of projects-from developing brand style guides, online marketing campaigns, and supporting photo and video shoots when necessary. The Sr. Art Director will be both a subject matter expert and a multi-tasking pro capable of developing exceptional creative for any kind of asset that ranges across print, web, and streaming platforms.
Who We Are
As Qurate Retail Group's newest business unit, vCommerce Ventures is designed to accelerate our innovation in livestream commerce and establish our leadership in this space while also supporting the continued expansion of QVC's and HSN's linear video commerce ("vCommerce") experiences to new audiences. vCommerce includes video-driven shopping across linear TV, ecommerce sites, digital streaming and social platforms. vCommerce Ventures brings together livestream commerce teams and initiatives from across QVC and HSN into a separate, global business unit, with dedicated marketing, business development, content development and production, programming, planning, and merchandising resources. Mary Campbell, President, vCommerce Ventures, shares: "We're experimenting with new approaches to vCommerce. This is an exciting time to be part of Qurate Retail Group."
- Support Brand Creative Director to develop engaging creative brand style guides, campaigns, and other brand-related objectives. Be a champion of creative that combines data-driven strategy, meaningful storytelling, and high-quality visuals that sets the bar in streaming while staying true to already established brand guidelines.
- Partner with brand copy team to ensure optimal creative and messaging hierarchy that supports creative objectives, brand affinity and drives consumer response.
- Be a leader of ADA-compliant design principles across video, web, and streaming platforms: partner closely with platform leads on best practices and relevant data/insights. Develop creative ideas to best support the platform based on testing, feedback and best practices.
- Develop event and/or campaign style guides including look and feel of photography, color palette, logo/lockups, patterns and other graphic elements.
- Provide clear, strategic direction including video, motion graphics, design, and storyboarding/concepting.
- Manage, inspire, train, and develop production artists and/or art directors as assigned-ensuring that all creative is compelling, on-brand and supports strategic objectives. Help develop and support an engaged and high-functioning team.
- Present concepts and creative to leadership and/or cross-functional partners as requested. Problem solve and manage the incorporation of all feedback.
- Review creative briefs and develop creative direction in a collaborative effort based on the job request/requirements. Meet marketing objectives and strategies, while adhering to tight deadlines.
- Manage the creative process from concept through execution and implementation.
- Independently organize and maintain a heavy workload in a fast-paced and changing environment. Help manage job assignments as necessary to ensure optimal workloads and timely production.
- Work with Brand Creative Director to establish photography direction, then partner with Content Production and relevant studio team leads to deliver optimal results.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design or related field.
- Experience: 5-7 experience working as an art director in a retail or agency setting.
- Well-versed in ADA-compliant design principles.
- Experience working at a major, Fortune 500/1000 brand, large company (+2500 employees)
- Experience working with cross-functional teams, including marketing, technical (UX, production), photography, copy and project management teams.
- Exceptional typography skills and a keen attention to detail, must have a strong portfolio demonstrating clean, balanced design.
- In-depth knowledge/experience in Adobe Suite: PhotoShop, Illustrator, InDesign - experience in Adobe After Effects, XD, and Premiere, Figma and Miro.
- Motivated self-starter with a positive attitude and team mentality.
- Excellent organizational and project coordination skills. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Exceptional problem solver who can effectively balance business and creative needs.
- Strong interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills with ability to effectively partner with all cross-functional teams.
Remote work is not permitted in NYC at this time.