Senior Assistant Buyer - Hosiery
Bloomingdale’s makes fashion personal and fun, aspirational yet approachable. Our mission is to guide and inspire our customers to make style a source of creative energy in their lives. We will always strive to make Bloomingdale’s like no other store in the world. Everyone plays a critical role to bring our mission to life. Regardless of position, we believe all colleagues have a voice and access to share their thoughts with every level of leadership. Our colleagues are passionate, driven, entrepreneurial and collaborative. We welcome and embrace diversity of background, thought and opinion while having a lot of fun along the way.
Job OverviewThe Senior Assistant Buyer will partner with existing vendors to curate a distinguished Bloomingdale's assortment as well as seek out new and differentiating vendors to satisfy customer demand in their assigned area of business. The Senior Assistant Buyer will develop and implement strategy by vendor; partner with planning to analyze and react to sales trend while maximizing business opportunities. They will provide operational support to the buyers. This position is a developmental step for a buyer position.
- Drive assortment optimization for buying responsibilities within the Buyers total area of business
- Independently forecast the business and provide meaningful insights or recommendations based on outcome
- Develop vendor relationships and negotiate coop allowances
- Identify market trends and gain knowledge of competitive landscape in both channels
- Prepare analysis to determine major brand and classification strategies for Divisional Merchandise Manager
- Complete business recaps with direction from the buyer
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university
- Practices open and continuous communication, values keeping others informed, effectively presenting information in a clear, concise manner
- Excellent leadership, facilitation, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work across functional lines and at many levels
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and Company needs
- Knowledge of MS Office computer programs are required