Senior Assistant Merchandiser
Job descriptionTHE ROLE
We're on a journey, taking the best people with us and so are looking for an experienced Assistant Merchandiser to join us at BoohooMAN, based in Ancoatsl! As an Senior Assistant Merchandiser you should be highly motivated, with technical flair, have excellent communication skills and a can-do attitude. You will be supporting the merchandising function for the business in order to ensure that all relevant stakeholders have accurate data which can directly, proactively and consistently inform decisions relating to maximising profitability and contributing to overall business strategy and growth.
We're boohooMAN. Our menswear collections and ground-breaking campaigns have taken the market by storm. We want to be the world's number one streetwear brand, and our affordable and accessible looks have allowed us to push boundaries and bring the latest styles to life. We focus on our customer's style and confidence, setting trends and offering choice.
In Merchandising, we have over 30,000 styles on-site at any time, so we're a team with big responsibilities and an even bigger reputation. We live and breathe data, trends and fashion so we can be the global market leader, always first to market. We're self-proclaimed pioneers of the test and repeat model, so it's all about having the right stock, in the right place, at the right time.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As a Senior Assistant Merchandiser you will be supporting the Merchandiser to ensure that the buying function is effectively controlled within the agreed business strategy, and that all necessary frameworks, controls and skill sets are in place to enable the necessary degree of both long term planning and in season trading to maximise business performance.
- Using data to optimise the sales volume and profitability of all designated product areas
- Supporting planning of budgets by category, option count, and depth of buy based on the overall business and financial goals of the company
- Controls stock levels based on weekly sales and stock intakes (WSSI)
- Reviews sales forecasts based on performance, and actions re forecasts
- Analyses and monitors best and worst sellers and makes informed recommendations for action
- Recommends promotions and re buys as necessary
- Monitors and maintains buying margin and gross profit margins as requested
- Ensures that best sellers reach their full potential
- Supplies the Merchandiser and buying team with necessary data to enable informed decisions and planning.
- Deputising for the Merchandiser when appropriate
- Proposing weekly pricing amends and potential margin impact
- Running reports from data systems for Monday Trade & presenting back key findings and actions to Merchandiser and Buyer
- Supporting with day to day management of the MAA role to ensure their workload is prioritised correctly with the current needs of the business
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It's relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty - you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We're always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles. We're passionate, agile, creative and one team.
MORE ABOUT YOU
- Strong computer literacy skills - especially in Excel
- A solid understanding of WSSI
- Analytical skills - confident in working with and extract insight from data
- Strong decision making, time management skills and able to prioritise workload
- The ability to excel in a fast-paced environment, prioritise effectively and keep up with the growing pace of the business
- Good commercial knowledge - specifically on wider marketplace and broader business
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail when managing booking dates and ensuring that intake and category targets are adhered to.
We've set our sights on dominating the global e-commerce fashion market, and because we're 13 brands (and counting), there are plenty of opportunities to grow your career. Our mission is to create a workplace where everyone is respected, their individual differences are valued, and they can be themselves at work without exception.
- You'll get the opportunity to take part in our various share schemes
- Core hours enable you to flex your working times around your needs on an ad hoc basis
- Benefits that support your health and wellbeing
- There's up to 40% discount off our all of our brands
- Our social calendar? Next level
- With HQs in Manchester and London and offices across the globe (some are dog friendly!), we offer a buzzing atmosphere and the boohoo family culture wherever you work