Senior Associate Designer
Perry Ellis International, Inc. represents a diverse portfolio of lifestyle apparel brands. The Company, through its wholly owned subsidiaries owns and licenses nationally and internationally recognized brands including: Perry Ellis®, Original Penguin® by Munsingwear®, Laundry by Shelli Segal®, Rafaella®, Cubavera®, Ben Hogan®, Savane®, Grand Slam®, John Henry®, Manhattan®, Axist®, Jantzen® and Farah®. The Company enhances its roster of brands by licensing trademarks from third parties, including: Nike® and Jag® for swimwear, and Callaway®, PGA TOUR®, and Jack Nicklaus® for golf apparel.Summary
Perry Ellis International (PEI) is the lead distributor of golf apparel in the United States. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our golf design team where you will create and develop product that specializes in performance. As a Sr. Associate Designer, you are tasked to collaborate with your design team and build the brand vision for various golf lines. At PEI we provide you with all the tools necessary to bring your ideas to life. The ideal candidate is a highly creative individual who continuously brings their passion to work, they welcome the opportunity to work on a highly collaborative team with cross-functional support. If you possess these qualities, we look forward to hearing from you.
- The Senior Associate Designer owns the entire design process from conception to production.
- Responsible for trend research, inspiration, color selection, illustrator sketches, CAD design, fit comments and final product execution.
- Partners with design director and VP of Design in creating brand identity with a creative and current design approach
- Works with design director to create a clear direction for fabric and print development team.
- Generate tech packs for new and carryover styles in PLM system.
- Build strong relationship with merchandising team to define seasonal time frame and ensure that creative goals and business goals are in alignment.
- Present trend and the line to internal and external customers.
- Ensure that product meets price point, tells a strong merchandising story and meets SKU requirements for the brand.
- Responsible for approval of sales samples to ensure garment is production-ready.
- Some travel is necessary
- Knowledge of activewear fabrications and performance technologies.
- High level of creativity with a passion for design
- Working Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Ability to learn new computer technology including 3-D design
- Strong research, design, and conceptual skills
- Strong sense of color and taste level
- Time management and organizational skills, ability to multitask
- Ability to present in front of an audience
- Bachelor degree (B.A) from a college or university, major in Design
- 3+ years of design experience, preferable in men’s/ activewear