: Responsible for managing category growth through implementation of strategic plans, vendor management, and price negotiations.
- Completes thorough line review process. Develops deep understanding of consumer needs, product trends/styles, brand preferences and decision hierarchy for their category. Assorts products based on the needs of the specific market. Recommends product line with consideration given to competitor product offering and pricing. Develops annual promotional plan. Also considers current product in stores and makes recommendations on potential changes required to introduce the new products (pricing, etc.) Analyzes financial program with understanding of total product cost (returns, service, delivery cost, etc.). Develops plan for delivering the category strategy to the customer including rolling out new product, product presentation and product knowledge training.
- Captain of the Vendor Relationship. Facilitates communication with team experts (logistics, marketing) and vendor experts (e.g., vendor logistics team member communicates directly with RAC logistics team member).
- Drives the promotional calendar from a product perspective. Annual planning process will allow for pro-active product selection for promotional vehicles. New product launches will be communicated effectively to ensure appropriate marketing support. Collaborates with marketing to ensure appropriate product presentation on .com.
- Owns the pricing strategy for their category with consideration given to company objectives and financial plan. Accountability for pricing and product profitability. Ensures customer-focused product line design and competitive positioning.
- Clear, specific direction provided to the stores on product placement and presentation with consideration given to varying store formats. Develops appropriate POP in collaboration with Marketing and fixturing for optimal presentation.
- Defines and communicates the inventory strategy for their category. Accountable for inventory productivity (return on inventory investment: GMROI). Leads the team while facilitating direct communication between RAC logistics team and the vendor logistics team.
- Accountable for providing stores product knowledge information and tools to sell the product. Works with RAC Training Department and Sales Strategy Department to develop training materials.
- Drives the category strategy from product development to the customer on the sales floor. Works with Store Operations to execute the plan.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Five to eight years previous merchandising experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable communicating across various levels of management including executive management.
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding negotiation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- MUST be able to work on-site, five days per week in Plano, TX