About the Company
CAMP is a Family Experience Company that helps answer the question “What should we do today?” through a unique combination of Retail & Media. Launched in December of 2018, CAMP operates nine retail locations in New York, Texas, Connecticut, Massachusetts, California, and New Jersey, and serves families everywhere via its digital platforms.
CAMP will open stores in other major markets in the coming months.
What is the Role?
CAMP is looking for a driven and goal-oriented Omni-channel Senior Buyer to develop the merchandising strategy across multiple departments and scale these businesses. We are looking for someone who can bring an entrepreneurial and creative spirit to the role and build strong relationships with vendors and cross functional partners. This role reports to the Director of Merchandising and works on the CAMP Labs team. This position will be based in New York City.
What will you do at Camp:
- Developing and execute merchandising strategies to grow the business
- Strategically interpret the trends into curated and unique assortments for the Camp customer across all age ranges
- Staying on top of the pulse of industry trends and have an eye for product
- Building strong relationships with vendors and working with them to secure exclusive product launches.
- Prospecting new vendors and negotiate profitable terms
- Running weekly sales reports and analyze business performance
- Analyzing competitive pricing, product, and presentation
- Managing your inventory levels, open to buy, sales forecasts, and hit your margin goals
- In addition to buying products from top brands, you will also work closely with the product development team to facilitate the development of CAMP branded products from concept through production
- Being a team player who is willing to help other teams drive towards Camp’s goals
What will you bring to CAMP?
- 5+ years retail merchandising/buying experience.
- Relevant experience in toys or children’s apparel and accessories strongly preferred
- You have a passion and eye for product and are constantly looking for the next big trend
- Analytical thinker and strategic problem solver
- You are a self directed multi-tasker who is organized and can prioritize work needs efficiently.
- You pride yourself on being reliable and exceeding standards. You care about the quality, accuracy and completeness of your work.
- You are prone to action. If you see a problem or opportunity your instinct is to quickly evaluate the situation and take action with a sense of urgency before being asked or required to do so.
- You are agile, flexible and embrace switching gears in order to jump in where needed.
- You have a great rapport with people and enjoy building and maintaining relationships.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint.
- You are excited to join a growing team of people who are passionate about creating incredible products!
- You are authorized to work lawfully in the United States.
- If you are hired, we will require you to prove that you have received the COVID-19 vaccine or have a valid religious or medical reason (including pregnancy) not to be vaccinated.
What you’ll love about us:
CAMP’s Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- We empower diverse voices because it is the best and only way to bring high-quality products and experiences to the diverse families that we aim to serve
- We are dedicated to creating an inclusive workplace culture that welcomes fresh perspectives, change, and open conversations
- We build social equity by providing our team with opportunities for education, growth, and access
- We highlight products, vendors, and a team that represents our customers' beautiful spectrum of diversity
We provide our team with best:
We offer a variety of options that are designed to fit the needs of you and your family.
- Compensation: $115,000 - $130,000
- Flexible Paid Time Off to use for vacation, personal days, well-being, or an illness
- Stock Option grants in CAMP
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage including pharmacy benefits, virtual doctor visits, and more
- Parental leave that supports our team members and their families
- Health Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Life & AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Mass Transit & Commuter Parking Programs
- Benefits Concierge: a team of dedicated and experienced employee benefits advocates who are ready to help you and your family with questions
- Employee Assistance Program: offers support around Education, Legal and Financial Planning, Career Development, Lifestyle and Fitness Management, Mental Health, and Dependent Care
- Gym and Wellness Discounts
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- 20% off fertility and family planning services
- 20% off all merchandise at CAMP stores and CAMP.com
- 401(k) Plan (employee contribution only)
Interested in joining the team?
Submit your resume and cover letter. Address your cover letter to me, Ariel, letting me know why you want this job and why we should hire you!