Job descriptionThe role
To be part of a leading buying team working in a very fast past and exciting environment. Working closely with buying, design and merch teams to make effective and commercially focused decisions at a very fast pace under the management and supervision of the Buying Manager & Head of Buying.
For the team at PrettyLittleThing, that weekend-every-day feeling is a perk of working for us, and it's the kind of vibe we're all used to and expect. Our unique way of working speaks for itself: we work hard, and we play hard. Here at PLT, we strive to fly the flag for love, equality, and acceptance, working to use our platform to spread nothing but good vibes. #EveryBODYinPLT is our community that is all about body positivity, equality and supporting each other.
What you'll be doing
- Work closely and maintain strong relationships with Merchandising and Design teams to develop a trend led product range overseen by the Buying Manager.
- Ensure relevant trends are translated into product range at speed to reflect the brand and customer.
- Maintain reactiveness and speed to market by working well under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Maintain effective communication with category Buyers across the department.
- Attend and communication key information in trading meetings to maintain a good overall trading of the categories.
- Build and maintain good relationships with supply base.
- Generate ideas to impact the business in reference to promotions and markdowns.
- Train and develop your team.
- Support Buying Manager to develop new strategies for the business and department.
- Provide a high degree of input into product and competitor activity.
- Ensure the development process is smooth to maintain key deadlines.
- Maintain all aspects of the critical path with your Buyer to ensure deadlines for key dates and events are achieved.
To succeed here, you have to love working at pace. It's relentless, but we love it. Change is a certainty - you need to adapt and be agile. We want you to challenge the status quo, innovate and be open to trying new things. We're always pushing boundaries. We empower our people, giving them freedom and autonomy to learn and grow in their roles.
More about you
- Is an ambassador for the brand.
- Attends training, meetings and other events as requested by direct manager or senior management, including Head of Human Resources.
- Assists colleagues by completing tasks outside own job role when requested, including supporting associated companies.
- Maintains own working area in a professional and organised manner.
- Always strives to improve the department's operation and increase knowledge of own and related job functions.
We know that as a company we are only as good as the people that we employ. We know our employees work tirelessly to make PLT the success it is today and in turn, we offer them some amazing benefits:
- Free parking
- 25 days holiday
- Free on-site gym with daily classes (due to current restrictions, live PT sessions)
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Company shares schemes - including a ' Save As You Earn' scheme
- 40% staff discount (including PLT, Boohoo, Boohoo MAN, Nasty Gal, Coast, Warehouse, Misspap)
- Monthly social events (including pay day drinks, Employee Appreciation Day etc.)
- Salary sacrifice pension scheme with 5% employer contribution
- Flexible working hours
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare support through the Government
- Health cash plan
- Personal development opportunities to learn and grow at work
Hybrid Working Policy
PLT offers increased flexibility with working from the office and home in the form of our smart working policy. In brief each department has a set amount of days allocated to office time and working from home to ensure you get the best of both worlds.
Here at PLT we not only embrace diversity we celebrate it! We are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we're continuing to build an inclusive environment for our employees. We know we are better together, and we will continue to build a team that represents a variety of skills, perspectives, and backgrounds.
PLT want to give everybody the chance to perform their best whether that is during an interview or whilst at work. Should you require any reasonable adjustments please let the talent team know.
#LI-HYBRID #PLT #LI-CB1