Essential Job functions (Tasks, duties and responsibilities most important to get the job done)
Buying Business Leadership
- Develops and leads the Direct to Consumer Go to Market process globally from initial product line architecture to final product markdown in stores.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to execute a strategic plan and drive financial results for in-season management including close collaboration with Pricing team for gross margin optimization.
- Possess a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to impact them. Strong ability to build business strategies and implement shorter-term tactical plans that are cost-effective, efficient and realistic.
- Develops and communicates a strategic plan and vision of the business that translates into positive top and bottom line performance.
- Maintains a long-term perspective while developing buying strategies and inventory management that delivers DTC near term financial plans.
- Brings customer perspective to the design process and ensure that final product line is profitable.
- Develops DTC specific product and merchandising initiatives that may include DTC exclusive product, Retail Marketing and Concept Initiatives, and Promotional Strategies.
- Imparts appropriate taste level and standards to all aspects of the merchandise selection process, including merchandise strategy and the execution of store visual and e-commerce concepts.
- Ensures maximum performance relating to sales volume and gross margin opportunities
- Ensures appropriate inventory levels, product flow, and lifecycle
- Establishes consistent reporting and management of the business partnering with Planning, Allocations and Business Units
- Establishes and maintains a positive relationship with the Merchandising, Planning, Allocations, Pricing and Marketing teams as well as external partners including licensees and vendors.
- Builds and supports a collaborative and innovative culture for direct reports and peers by promoting best practices and project prioritization.
- Attracts talent and select high caliber people of diverse cultures, both internally and externally.
- Trains and develops the team, making appropriate organizational structure recommendations based on individual talents. Supports internal career path development.
- Provides feedback to team members that foster skill development and performance improvement.
- Highly organized and ability to adapt to quickly changing priorities with a sense of urgency
- Creative, solution-oriented thinker
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent written and verbal communication including presentation skills
Excel at working cross functionally -- strong influencing skills
SUPERVISORY / BUDGETARY / EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION RESPONSIBILITY
- Supervise a team of Buyers, Associate Buyers, and Assistant Buyers
Knowledge, skill and ability requirements (minimum competencies required for job performance)
Prior Work Experience And Educational Requirements
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- 6-10 years of experience in aBuying / Director of Buying/Merchandising capacity
- Success growing a business in a Senior Manager or Director role with minimum revenue of $1B
- Experience working cross-functionally with Director level and business leaders on strategic, pertinent issues.
- Decision quality
- Functional/Technical skills
- Drive for results
- Customer focus
- Integrity and Trust