Reporting to our Buying Director and VP of Brands, the Senior Buyer is responsible for building relationships with micro-vendors – identifying emerging brands to include within the wider 2-TIMES designer portfolio, ahead of its competitors.
He/she will identify innovative ways to think about buying and product expansion, using insights gathered from social & online media, as well as computerised data modelling, developing comprehensive and financially sound business strategies and executing against this direction.
The ideal candidate will lead new product expansion efforts (collaborations, launches, etc.), working cross-functionally with brand marketing and e-commerce teams to integrate feedback into future assortment decisions across the group’s wider global buying department.
· Well-versed in using various platforms/resources to aid in the identification of new high-impact luxury brands from targeted markets and regions that position 2-TIMES as a vanguard selector of emerging talent
· Adept at planning & overseeing seasonal OTB’s, recommending reorders & consolidations, supporting price-setting strategies, and monitoring the progress of sales, margins and resulting profitability
· Owning special–category budgets, and managing brand & supplier relationships for designated target regions, negotiating favourable conditions & contract terms to achieve (very) early shipments, deliveries and transfers
· Leading special orders, including product reservations for UNHW private clients
· Continuously tracking sell-throughs via online merchandising/CMS & offline events metrics to understand business performance and build data-driven product strategies
· Coordinating product knowledge training sessions, ensuring information flows between stylists and other team members is consistent
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field (marketing, business, merchandising, etc.)
· 3-5 years of e-commerce buying/merchandising experience within a luxury branded environment — Note: candidates with premium, high-street or fast fashion backgrounds will NOT be considered
· Aligned sense of direction regarding 2-TIMES’ POV, with proven credibility of International designer, branded and showroom networks
· Web, App and Mac–savviness, with knowledge of Google/Microsoft suites a must. Experience using Slack or Trello is a plus
· You’re an English speaking native, with professional–level communication skills in one of Mandarin, Cantonese or French considered advantageous
· Significant International travel is required, in line with fashion weeks and trade events for unique categories (50%)
2-TIMES will not enter into any commercial undertaking/s with recruiters or agencies representing talent on the basis of speculatively marketed CV's