We are looking for Closeout Buyer in the Denver area with a fast-growing grocery chain!This position is perfect for an experienced Closeout or Liquidation Buyer who is "hungry" to get that next big liquidation deal. The right candidate MUST have a track record of past success in doing so with food, toys, and other like commodities. The goal is for this person to come in as a Senior Buyer with aspirations to move into leadership over time.
- Develops new and existing vendor relationships.
- Collaborates in developing the merchandise strategies that define which categories will grow, stabilize and decline while still achieving financial metrics. Provides recommendations regarding close-out, opportunistic, and everyday businesses.
- Identifies opportunities to maximize sales and high margin opportunities
- Staying updated on competitor tends, products, and pricing
- Develops a collaborative team atmosphere through an open exchange of ideas and positive feedback between Buying and Stores
- Ability to meet challenging metrics based on sales increases, margin, and inventory turn target goals.
- A bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
- Five or more years of Buying experience
- Two or more years of Closeout Buying experience
- Basic computer skills with prior experience working with different software systems
- Strong negotiation skills and competitive drive
- Strong analytical and time management skills.
- Good presentation skills.
- Well planned, organized with attention to detail.
*Candidate will have to be located in the Metro Denver area and comfortable occasionally commuting to the HQ in Castle Rock, CO. Candidates interested in RELOCATING to the Denver area are welcome to apply!