Senior Buyer - Mens
Fashion Nova is a fashion-forward, trend-driven apparel and lifestyle brand that celebrates all dimensions of confidence. We use our platform to spread positivity with brands for women, men, curve, luxe, sport, swim, beauty, and kids. We are obsessed with creating the best experience available for our customers and team members.
Fashion Nova was built on the backbone of individuality and inclusiveness. Our brands are worn and celebrated worldwide by customers, celebrities, and influencers because of our uniquely creative and talented employees.
About The RoleYou as the Senior Buyer for Fashion Nova's Men's category, will work to create the appropriate merchandise mix based on emerging and forecasted trends, supporting assortment strategies established by your research and the company's business goals. You will also manage product assortments and deliver on established financial targets.
- Recommend Buying decisions across the Men's category that will support merchandise and product assortment for Fashion Nova's customers
- Drive growth by developing assortment strategies with SKU count, breadth vs depth, newness, and pricing/margin
- Analyze data to revise in-season and future season actions, strategies, and assortments and post-season (hindsight) to identify hits and misses
- Research the competition, all social media platforms, and markets to identify emerging trends, categories, and promotional campaigns
- Work with Planning to ensure the department achieves financial targets for sales, profitability and inventory turns
- Partner with Replenishment Buyers and Planners to create a pre-season plan and assortment
- Grow and maintain relationships with vendor partners
- Strategically scout new vendors to support Fashion Nova's needs
- Negotiate product quality, costs, and delivery with vendors
- Conduct the initial garment selection of colors, trims, and fabrics that work best for the styles
- Review weekly sales performance to identify potential reorders and recommend styles for markdowns
- 6+ years of experience in Buying for apparel, preferably across Men's categories
- Experience working with vendors and negotiating
- Excellent prioritization, project management, organization skills, and attention to detail
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Workspace (Sheets, Slides, etc.)
- English, additional language(s) an advantage
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion, Production, Design or related field, or equivalent work experience
- Willingness to work at our Vernon, CA, Fashion Nova HQ, Monday - Friday
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k Match
- Kitchen stocked with snacks and drinks
- Summer Fridays at HQ
- Team bonding events and programs
Fashion Nova, LLC, and subsidiaries thereof, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are steadfast in our commitment to equal employment opportunities and pledge that these objectives are reflected in all aspects of our daily operations. We will continue to recruit, hire, train, and advance in employment qualified individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, criminal history, or status as an individual with a disability; and shall not discriminate against any individual, any such characteristic, nor any other classification protected by local, state and/or federal law.