Senior Buyer- Outlet Accessories
Senior Buyer- Outlet Accessories
Department: Corporate Retail
Location: New York, NY
Michael Kors is looking for an experienced, business savvy, opportunistic and product focused Senior Buyer to take our growing off-price business to the next level. This individual will partner with management, stores and cross-functional partners (i.e., digital, design, global merchandising, visual merchandising) to identify opportunities, develop and execute strategies to build strong assortments that will achieve/surpass financial objectives of the division. This person will be responsible for managing the Outlet- Handbags and SLG product assortment, as well as the lifecycle of the product within our stores. Strong communication, analytical and creative problem solving skills as well as the ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment are a must.
Major Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop buying and merchandising strategies for the Outlet Accessories business that tie back to financial goals for the division and company and propel the business forward in sales and profitability.
- Execute buy process from concept to completion, including partnership in product development.
- Initiate and generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment in order to achieve continued growth and profitability of the Outlet division.
- Recommend timely markdowns/promotions on goods and reorders on best sellers. Share insight based on reviewing analysis in order to strategically grow and impact the business.
- Work closely with planning and allocations to execute merchandising strategy on by-door basis. Work with allocations team and store management to ensure assortments by door are maximized.
- Partner with planning team to develop and execute seasonal plans, merchandising and promotional strategies for all classifications.
- Foster and leverage cross-functional relationships to create opportunities for the business – specifically partnering with Digital, Visual Merchandising, Global Merchandising, Design.
- Oversee the management of assortment sheets, pricing/conversion files, markdowns and on-order.
- Drive growth of the E-Commerce division partnering closely with the site, CRM & Marketing team to drive traffic to site.
- Responsible for execution and maintenance of merchandising guidelines and product knowledge information for the stores.
- Responsible for growth and development of direct reports.
- Must have 6+ yrs. Experience in Retail Buying or Merchandising.
- Experience managing a business of significant volume & option count.
- Ability to present product strategies to Senior leadership teams with clear verbal and written communication
- Strong product development experience a must.
- Experience in Handbags and Accessories a plus.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree
- Computer Literate – Advanced Excel Skills
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environment
- People manage experience
- Generous Holiday Schedule
- Internal mobility across Capri Brands (Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo, Versace)
- Michael Kors, Jimmy Choo and Versace Discount
- Exclusive Employee Sales
- Fav 5 Cards (MK Discount for friends and family)
- 401k Match
- Paid Parental Leave
- Thrive Wellness Program (seasonal in-office massages and more!)
- Commuter Benefits
- Gym Discounts
At Capri, we are all responsible for creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. We try to inspire change and growth within each other and believe success is a result that comes from our differences. Capri is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusivity regardless of age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. M/D/F/V