Senior Buyer, Outlet
Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last—for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio – a global house of brands committed to stretching what’s possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. VisitOur People
page to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.Primary Purpose:
The Sr. Buyer will lead the Women’s Ready to Wear & Footwear buying team responsible for developing, planning and driving the business across North America Outlet. This leader will oversee critical growth categories for the brand.The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Buying to:
- Drive financial results that maximize revenue, gross margin, inventory turn goals through the development of merchandising and planning strategies for Women’s Ready to Wear & Footwear categories
- Execute buy process from concept to completion, including partnership in product development, implementation of regional merchandising strategies and financial planning of sales/inventory
- Influence category assortments by analyzing product performance, customer feedback, consumer trend, competitive landscape and local market knowledge to global merchants/design
- Manage OTB to meet financial targets for sales, inventory & margin
- Work closely with Inventory Management and Allocation to ensure that inventory turn goals are met and assortments by door are maximized
- Initiate and generate business analysis to track selling, identify key trends and maximize opportunities in the assortment in order to achieve continued growth and profitability
- Continuously analyze and reforecast business and implement strategies to ensure plan is achieved, including adjusting product flow and inventory management
- Manage SKU lifecycle from adoption to delete, react to in season sales to determine go forward strategy
- Partner with Marketing, Product Knowledge, Visual Merchandising, Store Operations and Field Team to create synergies among all consumer touch points
- Partner with field team to solicit qualitative feedback on product, customers, store environments & competition
- Minimum 7 years of Buying or related experience in a fast paced, retail/fashion environment preferred
- Proven success in managing and developing a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Detail oriented, organized, ability to multi-task
- Strong product sensibility
- Ability to present and recommend strategies and build a business case
- Team player with a focus on collaboration
- Highly skilled in Excel and proficient in planning and buying systems
- Courage: Doesn’t hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and “actionable” positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn’t upset when things are up in the air; doesn’t have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others: Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Coach is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant’s or employee’s qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. . . Visit Coach at www.coach.com.BASE PAY RANGE $104,000.00 TO $130,000.00 Annually