Senior Buyer, Shoes
Join the LuCrew!
At Lulus, our team is committed to offering the best possible service to our customers throughout the world. Our fun and casual work environment focus on innovation and teamwork at all levels of the organization. We are always looking for talented and dedicated people to join the Lulus team as we continue to build our community!
Lulus is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to create an organizational climate that fosters belonging, dignity, and justice so that all team members can show up as their authentic selves and thrive. We are committed to increasing the representation of marginalized people across our team through hiring practices that value lived experience and unique perspectives. Our work environment embraces creative expression, collaboration, and connection without the expectation of assimilation.
The Sr. Buyer, Shoes is responsible for developing the assortment architecture strategy and delivering a product that is trend-relevant and has a strong price value for their assigned categories, keeping a pulse on the latest trends, influencers, aspirational and competitive landscape for their categories, leading and developing their Associate Buyer(s), maintaining strong relationships with the vendor community, and identifying sales and consumer insight trends to increase revenue, profit, and market share.
What You'll Do
- Create an assortment architecture and line plan that outlines a product roadmap for in-house development and third-party brands to provide the most premium product experience in the industry, hit revenue targets, optimize conversion and maximize full-price sell-through.
- Curate an Assortment that aligns with Lulus' consumer profiles, is trend-relevant and delivers a strong price-value
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Key Cross Functional Partners (Development, Planning, Merchandising, Production, and Marketing)
- Partner with Planner to manage P&L and achieve KPI Targets and budgets
- Ensure the product line accurately represents the target customer
- Build and maintain strong relationships with vendors
- Scout new samples/vendors to recommend products to be sold on Lulus.com
- Lead and develop a team of Associate Buyer(s)
- Coach and mentor Buyers and/or Jr. Buyers within the organization
- Negotiate quality, quantity, and delivery with vendors
- Communicate regularly with other departments regarding the stock level and merchandise needs
- Regularly communicate with marketing/content with stories/campaign ideas
- Track markdowns for an aged merchandise
- Track and analyze best and worst selling styles, colors, and materials
- Travel as needed
- Partner with Director of Buying to curate assortment to review with Chief Merchandising Officer and Vice President General Merchandise Manager
- Work on division/pyramid projects and initiatives
What You'll Need
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent relevant experience
- 8 years of the retail buying experience
- 2 years managing associate buyer or equivalent level
- Experience in Buying Women's Apparel and/or Accessories
- Proven Track Record of Delivering KPI Targets and Market-share Growth.
- Strong business orientation, analytical aptitude, and retail math knowledge
- Experience leading a team.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Thorough knowledge of trends and fashion
- Keen understanding of the Lulus Girl
- Ability to make creative buying decisions to meet customer demand
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong retail math skills
- Ability to work collaboratively throughout the organization
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with short timelines and changing priorities
- Sense of urgency, highly detailed, and experience in meeting deadlines
What You'll Love About Us
- Great Company Culture - Where you can be you!
- Work that stays at work - Genuine work/life balance
- Rest and Relaxation - Paid time off, 8 Holidays, 2 floating days
- Health Benefits - Medical with FSA, Dental, and Vision
- Prepare for the future - 401(k) with a 4% company match
- Wardrobe Perks - 30% employee discount!
We're ready to meet you! Come help us achieve our ambitious goals!