Senior Buyer, Women's
Join the Pacsun Community
Pacsun is dedicated to delivering an exclusive collection of the most relevant brands and styles to a community of inspired youth. Through partnerships with brands such as adidas, Brandy Melville, Essentials Fear of God, our own brands, and many more. Our Pacsun community believes in and understands the importance of using our voice, platform, and resources to inspire and bring about positive development. Our program PacCares supports and partners with organizations that align with our internal and external initiatives surrounding mental health, diversity, and equality.
Join the Pacsun Community.
Learn more here: LinkedIn- Our Community
About the Job:
The primary responsibility of the Senior Buyer is to identify opportunities and develop product strategies within their categories that align to the overall strategic vision of the company to drive revenue growth. The successful candidate has proven experience managing a team, ability to forecast trends & make strong product decisions based on anticipating customer demand and deliver on division initiatives to deliver sales growth & margin improvement. The Senior Buyer provides leadership and direction to the buying staff on the preparation of assortment plans that align with the merchandise strategy and support seasonal merchandise plans. The position oversees merchandise selection, ensures performance to plan and coordinates overall merchandise strategies. Responsible for developing and executing a profitable, customer-focused merchandising strategy, while enhancing the overall department, group and company strategy. This role will aid in decision making for all tactical efforts of the team at the customer level, including product assortment, merchandising, pricing and promotional opportunities.
A day in the life, what you’ll be doing:
STRATEGIC PLANNING (50%):
· Determine pre-season plans and product strategies that align with financial plans.
· Accountable for merchandise performance for area of responsibility, recommends revisions to the merchandise plan/forecast based on sound analysis and ensures corrective actions are implemented.
· Works with the planning organization to develop assortment plans that optimize inventory performance and reduce markdown risk.
· Ensure key milestones are maintained based on master calendar.
· Strategically directs the category groups. Drive execution through staff to meet or exceed both quantifiable and quantitative goals.
· Present quarterly product assortment to leadership team.
· Develop and execute seasonal promotional strategies.
· Drive floorset execution with visual team, and partner with marketing team on seasonal campaigns.
· Understands competitors’ strengths, weaknesses and strategies.
BRAND MANAGEMENT (20%):
· Attend branded vendors appointments and build strong relationships with the brands. Develop branded product strategies and penetration targets. Negotiate product costs and deliveries to maximize brand performance.
· Participate in the Private Label Product Development process as appropriate. Collaborate with Design team to build seasonal assortments.
· Oversee/participate in market visits.
· Establish and maintain effective vendor relationships and works with the buyers to strengthen market relationships.
· Travel, as needed.
TEAM DEVELOPMENT (30%):
· Hire and retain team members that will leverage their strengths to the needs of the organization.
· Coaches and develops Buyers, Associate Buyers and Assistant Buyers ensuring growth and readiness for the next level position.
· Manage and mentor staff. Create development and succession plans.
· Live the company values, trust, teamwork, creativity, individual excellence, passion.
What it takes to Join:
· Bachelor’s Degree desired with a minimum of 5 years retail buying experience in either specialty store or department store. Internal candidates must have at least 2 years of Buyer level buying experience.
· Excellent knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
· Must have strong communication skills, providing direction to private labels, design and product development team and brands.
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Must be task driven and pro-active when it comes to executing tasks
· Thorough knowledge of retail Math such as gross margin, open to buy calculations, initial markup calculations, turnover etc.
Developing the Community/ Leadership Qualities:
· Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality, setting the example for leaders and associates.
· Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships, driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
· Serve as a Pacsun advocate in the industry and marketplace.
· Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence. · As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
· Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
Salary Range: $94,480-$114,592
· Flexible work from home options
· HQ workforce of 60%+ people of color
· Dog friendly office environment
· Beverages and snacks provided daily.
· Onsite gym, volleyball court, ping-pong tables, and a skate park available on campus
· $1,000 referral incentive program
· Generous associate discount of 30-50% off merchandise online and in-stores
· Competitive long term and short-term incentive program
· Immediate 100% vested 401K contributions and employer match
· Calm Premium access for all employees
· Employee perks throughout the year
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit, stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to work in an open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
· Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours, with frequent interruptions.
· Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
· Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel may be required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Other Considerations: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.