Senior Buyer, Women's Rtw And Non-Apparel
From its origins in New York in 2002, rag & bone instantaneously distinguished itself by combining their British heritage with directional, modern design. Today, Marcus Wainwright and David Neville's brand has become synonymous with innately wearable clothing that innovatively melds classic tailoring with an edgy yet understated New York aesthetic.
Inspired by a desire to create beautifully constructed clothes, with no formal fashion training, the expats immersed themselves in the time-honored techniques of supremely skilled, local manufacturers at some of the oldest factories in the country. The importance of quality, expert craftsmanship and attention to detail resonated deeply, informing rag & bone's core philosophy.
With a downtown sensibility, signature clean silhouettes and an inherent integrity - each piece is impeccably crafted from the finest materials available and approached from a form and function design standpoint - rag & bone continuously redefines urban style.
The Senior Buyer for Women's RTW and Nonapparel will be responsible for creating and executing merchandising strategies for DTC that maximize sales, margin, inventory turn, visual presentation, and increasing overall performance.
- Lead merchandising strategies for Stores and E-commerce to deliver consumer focused location assortments and volume drivers in conjunction with company initiatives
- Partner with Planning in reviewing sales and inventory, sizing, and evergreen skus in relation to the buys. Manage RTVs, markdowns, and consolidations to support financial goals and OTB.
- Analyze and present selling and SKU performance through weekly and monthly hindsight recaps. Identify opportunities and risks and suggest action plans
- Work cross functionally with Marketing, Visual, and E-commerce teams to ensure buys, deliveries, inventory, and product changes are communicated to achieve product strategies
- Collaborate with Merchandising on product needs, performances, trends, and consumer feedback to support future developments of the business
- Lead product knowledge and partner with stores to optimize sales and assortment
- Develop, coach, and mentor Assistant Buyer
You should have:
- At least 6-8 years of experience, 2 in a supervisory role in women's apparel, footwear, and accessories
- Strong business acumen and financial skills
- Must be flexible, motivated, and forward thinker
- Luxury or Contemporary brand experience
- Vertical retail multi-channel experience