What we’re looking for:We are looking for a Senior Buyer/Planner who is responsible for the procurement of Aluminum Extrusions, Metals, multiple components, subassemblies, raw materials, finished goods, production equipment, and supplies from approved suppliers within the assigned commodity areas that are utilized for the production of refrigerated glass doors.
What you’ll be responsible for in this role:
- Manage relationships with key suppliers of raw materials, production equipment, and supplies to ensure a consistent supply of materials to meet operating requirements.
- Work closely with the Production and Scheduling teams to ensure that all required items are ordered in a timely manner at the most economic quantity and lowest cost in order to meet production requirements while simultaneously minimizing inventory exposure at the factory and in the supply chain.
- Actively manage Job Orders to Metal Fab Department and outside processing vendors thru Oracle
- Arrange for vendors to drop-ship parts for Metal Fab Department.
- Adjust negative inventory for outside processing vendors.
- Work closely with other departments within the organization (e.g. Engineering, Quality, Production, Warehouse, Accounting, etc.) and with the suppliers to successfully attain objectives.
- Participate in Project teams involving materials procurement (e.g. glass, door, and frame departments).
- Requires a BS degree in business, Supply Chain or related field.
- Requires 5-7 years’ experience in procurement/planning in manufacturing environment.
- Prefer at least one Professional Certification such as APICS, CPM, CPIM, CPP, and CPSM.
- Strong background in negotiations aimed at reduction of overall cost.
- Experience in Pull system contracting, Supplier agreements, VMI programs and Vendor relations management.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management. Demonstrated team player qualities.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization including the hourly workforce, first line supervision, senior management, as well as vendors.
- Understanding and support of company policies and procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as contracts, agreements, and procedure manuals as well as speak effectively before groups of customers and employees of the organization.
- Detail oriented and strong organizational skills; solid analytical ability.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Strong computer knowledge/proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MRP)
- Regularly required to walk, sit and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Ability to reach with arms and hands; bend, kneel, crouch and/or crawl as well as the ability to see and hear.
- Able to work night shifts and on weekends when required.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time.
- Ability to move about in office, warehouse and manufacturing facilities.
- Requires frequent travel between local (within 50 miles) facilities.
- Manufacturing Environment – safety gear such as boots, glasses and earplugs will be required and provided. Exposure to disagreeable elements is limited.
- Office Environment - the incumbent typically works in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office. Incumbent may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the work day.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, talk, or hear; frequently required to use repetitive hand motion, handle or feel, and to stand, walk, reach, bend or lift up to 20 pounds.
- The incumbent must be able to perform this job safely without endangering the health or safety of self or others.
The backbone behind our collection of outstanding businesses is a team of dedicated employees who protect and enhance our valued reputation for quality and delivering what we promise. It’s our values that define Dover to all of our key audiences: our shareholders, customers, prospective employees and especially to ourselves.
These values must be expressed in our work and embody our actions, as they form the basis by which we do our jobs, make decisions and measure our performance. It’s our unwavering commitment to maintaining our values that defines who we are as a Company.
- Collaborative Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Winning Through Customers
- Respects and Values People
- Expectations for Results
- High Ethical Standards, Openness, and Trust
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending
- Paid Holidays