Senior Data & Analytics Architect (Remote)
This role is 100% REMOTE - Must be in the US - EST/CST Only
Our global house-of-brands inspires and empowers youth culture. Relentlessly committed to fuel a shared passion for self-expression, we create unrivaled experiences at the heart of the sport and sneaker communities through the power of our people. If you want to be a part of something bigger than you can imagine, you've come to the right place. To learn more about the incredible impact we're making on both our local and global communities, Click Here!
Foot Locker, Inc. is seeking an experienced Senior Data & Analytics Architect, an innovative individual with a proven track record in building enterprise level Data Platforms to support cross functional Product development and Engineering across multiple lines of business. You must be inspired by technology and have both passion and expertise in creating innovative technical solutions and Data architectures. You will serve as an expert in Data Platforms and enabling technologies, demonstrate strong leadership and champion Foot Locker Inc. values. This role is expected to drive innovation through collaboration across our Data Engineering, Business Intelligence, Data Platforms, Data Architecture, Data science teams and business to help push Foot Locker, Inc. to the next level. The team is embarking on improving data architecture capabilities further to mature and support our business growth. Our current Data & Analytics Platform technology stack comprises of cloud solutions (Microsoft Azure), Databricks, Confluent Kafka, Snowflake and Power BI. Ideal candidate is expected to have a deep implementation experience around Data Lake and Lakehouse architecture patterns, Event driven architectures, ETL, ELT, Dimensional modeling with strong technology experience in platforms such as Snowflake, Databricks and Kafka.
- Design, document and build reusable components and frameworks at scale to support analytics products
- Design, document and implement product features in collaboration with Products, business and Technology teams
- Design and build Canonical Data and Dimensional Modeling at an Enterprise level to support various analytics initiatives such as Descriptive, Diagnostic/Exploratory and Predictive analytics capabilities
- Maintaining the Enterprise Conceptual/Logical Data Model and working with Data Architects and Engineering teams to ensure the consistency of design among conceptual, logical, and physical layers.
- Participating, recommending best practices all phases of DevOps architectural activities, including concept definition, requirements analysis, design, development, integration, installation, operations, maintenance, and decommissioning.
- Be a thought leader by helping to define purpose-built Data Platform strategy and lead, influence other solution Architects and Engineers towards building best in class Data and Analytics platforms
- Design Data Architecture leveraging Microsoft Azure, Snowflake and Databricks native capabilities to support Batch and Streaming pipelines for Analytics, Data Sharing, Data Science and API use cases
- Define Data Governance framework and well architected principles focused on Operational Excellence, Cost optimization, Metadata Management, Security, Reliability and Performance efficiency
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Data Architecture, Dimensional Modeling and defining Data Ingestion and transformation design patterns and frameworks required
- Minimum 5 years experience in a public cloud environment with a focus around Data Architecture and Big Data Technologies required
- Public cloud experience required, Azure, AWS, or Google preferred
- Prior experience defining Event driven Architecture and solutions including ETL, ELT, Master Data Management, Reference Data Management, and Metadata Management
- Implementation experience and expert knowledge in Snowflake and Databricks platforms focused on modern data architecture approaches, Data Pipelines & enabling BI and Analytics solutions using Snowflake native capabilities
- Demonstrated Influential leadership experience driving architecture solutions for various data and analytics use cases and influencing multiple stakeholders
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Prior Retail Industry experience is preferred
- Prior experience operating in an Agile Scrum methodology is preferred
- Previous experience at a fortune 500 company is preferred