Senior Data Science Product Manager, Core Commerce (Open to remote work, except the following locations: SD, VT, and WV)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Senior Data Science Product Manager that is passionate about machine learning and personalization. Are you interested in leading cutting-edge, AI / ML algorithm-centered innovation projects? You'll manage product based work aimed at delivering new experiences for Nike members that drive business value to Nike, and deliver insights to the business to inform footwear and apparel product development, distribution of Nike products with an emphasis on direct to consumer, and brand and marketing insights and activations to help power the world’s biggest brand. This person will have a keen interest in understanding the context of our external and internal customers, and then use that context to decide what data science products to build and when.
WHAT WILL YOU WORK ON
In this highly visible and high-profile role, you will assist with the development and execution of data science product vision and strategy, lead the end-to-end lifecycle of a product (ideation through sustainment), and help identify market opportunities. You will lead the business of the data products as well as the functionality, design, and features. You will define and implement thorough roadmaps and product priorities based on a solid understanding of consumer needs and data science. You will influence, educate, and advocate on tactical product decisions as well as the strategic decisions to enable the next slate of amazing experiences for Nike members.
WHO WILL YOU WORK WITH
You will manage cross-functional data science product management squads across the Nike matrix focused on delivering AI / ML algorithms that power customer experiences and data products. You will obsess our customers (external and internal) and translate their needs and requirements into problems that can be solved by AI. You’ll also partner with data scientists and the data science product management team to build consumer facing data products (e.g. search, recommendations, targeted comms, activity) and internal data science products (e.g. segmentation, lifetime value predictions, etc.). You'll work closely with Digital Product Experience, Nike core business units, analytics, and engineering partners such as data engineering, pipeline development, etc. You will report directly to the Director, Data Science product.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree or postgraduate education (MS or PhD) in an applied quantitative field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 3 - 5 years experience building data science products powered by artificial intelligence in a large organization (experience with a consumer products organization is preferred but is not a requirement)
- Demonstrated ability to conduct customer interviews (internal and external), identify pain-points, and resolve if / how artificial intelligence can / will solve the problem
- Robust understanding of consumer facing products industry including industry participants, channels (eCommerce, brick & mortar, and wholesale channels), customers and market segments, and innovations
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial experience collaborating with data science, engineering, and design teams solving customer problems with a tool /platform that was powered by AI / ML
- Proven experience using mathematical modeling and machine learning to solve business problems
- Demonstrated experience as a product manager, ideally with a consumer technology product. Specific activities include: formulating product strategy, evaluating and prioritizing ideas, creating business cases, defining product features, overseeing development, and orchestrating product launch / releases
- Familiar with traditional PM methodologies (e.g., Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.) and knowledge of when to apply methodologies
- Record of clearly defining and measuring what success looks like for previously led products
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, flexible environment
- Organizational leadership and influence
- Ability to present persuasive arguments, write clearly and concisely, listen attentively, and negotiate with stakeholders and partners to reach mutually beneficial outcomes
- Deep understanding of statistical hypothesis testing and A/B methods
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional product squads and influence without authority
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate. For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $145,000 per year. Information about benefits can be foundhere.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.