Senior Data Scientist, Global Operations & Logistics (Open to remote work, except the following locations: SD, VT, and WV)
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Analytics is a competitive differentiator for Nike and is fundamentally changing how the company serves athletes and consumers around the world! The Nike Commercial Analytics team builds analytics solutions to manage the marketplace and optimize the supply chain. Using data, advanced analytics and innovative technology, we strive to ensure that Nike gets the right product to the right place at the right time for the consumers!WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the Data Science team within Commercial Analytics serving Global Operations & Logistics. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be solving one of the fundamental problems in logistics and supply chain: estimating the delivery time to the customer. You will play a lead role on a team of multi-functional partners and analytics professionals to identify, scope, suggest new opportunities, and execute high-impact analytics projects.
The candidate needs to be an excellent problem solver and have hands-on analytics experience in machine learning, supply chain modeling, and optimization. Your experience helps you transform prototypes to scalable, reliable, and impactful production solutions. While you rely on data to prove your point, you love to think in an unexpected way and tackle problems creatively.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
You will be part of the GOaL Data Science team that translates high-level ideas into mathematical formulations, develops complete system applications with data analytics, and supports supply chain decisions in inventory allocation, transportation, and distribution center operations. You will have opportunities to define solution design, establish standard methodologies in data science, and lead technical projects from inception to completion. Specifically, you will:
- Apply analytics skills in machine learning to solve exciting problems using large datasets.
- Translate ambiguous business requirements into analytical or simulation models and implement data-driven solutions.
- Work with product managers and data engineering teams to deliver technologies for complex supply chain operations.
- Collaborate on developing innovative business solutions, finding insights, connecting to key performance indicators, creating reports, and delivering presentations.
You will work with other data scientists, analysts, product managers, and data engineers in the GOaL Data Science teams. You will collaborate across multiple data science squads as well as other data analytics and technology functions at Nike.WHAT YOU BRING
- Advanced quantitative degree (preferably Computer Science, Software Engineering, Statistics, or Mathematics) and at least 3+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience and training.
- Demonstrated deep technical, and analytics skill set to work with programming languages (Python and SQL) and machine learning tool kits (AWS Sagemaker, Databricks, Azure Machine Learning, Google Colab), and/or other machine learning tools on large data sets.
- Experience in developing and deploying machine learning models in a production environment.
- Familiarity with the wide range of data science software tools (e.g., Jupyter Notebook, SQL consoles, Hadoop, Spark) and cloud computing platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform).
- Familiarity with the Agile development process and proven ability to prepare a project plan, communicate the plan to the team, and break the work down to trackable tasks.
- Excellent communication skills and experience in conveying complex information in easy-to-understand language.
Open to remote work, except cannot work in South Dakota, Vermont, and West Virginia. These candidates will be required to relocate.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $140,000 per year. Information about benefits can be foundhere.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.