Senior Design Director
Beyond Yoga is a luxury athletic and lifestyle clothing brand rooted in the belief that you deserve to look and feel amazing whether you're headed to the studio or staying in. Prioritizing quality from the start, our clothing is made in the USA with luxuriously soft fabrics, ethical manufacturing processes, and rigorous fit testing. We offer a range of sizes (from XXS to 4X in many styles) so that everyone can wear Beyond Yoga. Quality, inclusivity, and attention to detail aren't just catch phrases for us, we apply them to everything we do inside the company walls and out.
In September 2021 we joined Levi Strauss & Co., one of the world's largest brand-name apparel companies and a global leader in jeans wear. Beyond Yoga will operate as a standalone brand within LS&Co. LS&Co. will provide resources to help Beyond Yoga achieve its goals of brand building, store opening, category expansion and global distribution.
The people we hire are, like us: passionate - hard working - inclusive - honest - ambitious - warm - focused - curious - enthusiastic - and fun!
Beyond Yoga's Design team is growing and looking for a Full-time Design Director
This position will report to the VP of Product
Job descriptionWhat you'll do:
- In partnership with the VP of M&D create elevated, compelling, brand-right products.
- Develop from concept through production.
- Create seasonal platforms - mood boards, color palette, prints, new fabrics and bodies, ensuring aesthetic and design storytelling is threaded throughout, creating a cohesive product assortment that is visually arresting.
- With Merchandising and PD, research, develop and bring to market new and innovative technical fabrications.
- Partner with Tech Design and PD to approve fits to PP, understand garment engineering in order to drive exceptional fit consistency in the product.
- Coach and mentor design team in design, tech pack, fit and garment construction skills
- Ensure all design deadlines are met, promoting productivity while minimizing risks of delay
- Build strong and synergistic relationships with cross-functional partners: Merchandising, Tech Design, Product Development, Planning, Marketing, and Production.
- Think innovatively at all stages of the creative, design and development process: research on a regular basis to be at the forefront of trends and shifts in the athleisure and fashion landscapes, as well as all parallel and influential industries.
ProfileWho you are:
- 10+ years experience in active and lifestyle clothing design
- 2+ years in director-level experience.
- Expert knowledge of activewear fabrications, fit and construction.
- Proven track record in identifying trends and developing assortments that deliver results.
- Strong aesthetic and taste level.
- Excellent sense of style, trend, color, and print & pattern.
- Clear communicator with effective presentation skills, an entrepreneurial mind with the ability to work in a team environment, gives honest, direct feedback
- Ability to strike a balance between creativity and critical thinking in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven leadership/management skills.
- Inspiring coach and mentor to design staff.
- Detail-oriented; ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy.
- Is accountable for results, approaches obstacles proactively and looks for ways to resolve problems and issues.
- Meets deadlines, copes well with changes.
- A team player, you contribute positively to team dynamic, cultivate passion and productivity.
- Proficient in PLM, Microsoft Office, Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop