Senior Design Director, Calvin Klein Accessories
POSITION SUMMARY: The Senior Design Director for Calvin Klein Accessories is primarily responsible for overseeing the in-house design of the seasonal collections for the Bags, Leather Goods, Belts and Soft Accessories collections.
Job descriptionPRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES OF THE JOB:
- Collaborates with the 'Accessories and Licensing lead' to provide overall creative direction and vision for new product design development focusing on brand business needs and future opportunities.
- Collaborates with 'Accessories and Licensing lead' in translating seasonal message from Global Concept team to non-apparel division.
- Participate in design leadership off-sites and workshops
- Lead and develop the in-house Accessories Design teams, covering product for Calvin Klein NA, Calvin Klein Jeans and Calvin Klein Sport.
- Leads the conceptual thematic concept boards and design concepts according to merchandise plans and schedules including: compiling material references and inspiration images, where applicable. Oversee the creation of all seasonal boards and presentations.
- Partner with product development teams to maintain clear and concise communication to meet all product deadlines and keep programs on track.
- Keep product development teams and merchants updated in all communications. Consult with product team prior to sensitive vendor communications if cost, lead-time or minimum implications exist.
- Assign specific assignments to design staff and monitor accordingly for a cohesive presentation to Creative Leadership team.
- Oversee revisions, correspondence and approvals. Maintain seasonal project communication consistent with brand standards.
- Supervises research on design, fabric, and color trends for all accessory businesses
- Build a strong relationship with merchant counterpart by developing strong understanding of business; industry trends and bestseller factors and specific product cost factors. Stay abreast of retail landscape for trend and product opportunities
- Ensures alignment with global color and concept and as needed, other related businesses
- Ensures timely development of line by adhering to time and action calendar
- Leads presentation of line to senior management
- Supervises and trains creative teams
- Responsible for management of departmental budget
- Sample budget
- Payroll/overtime budget
Primary responsibility for day-to-day direction of the design teams responsible for Accessories
RESOURCEFULNESS/CREATIVITY:This role must be highly creative in developing the vision for the team including coming up with new and innovative trends and concepts for the CK accessories business lines. Key decision-maker in determining creative direction of seasonal accessories collections
ENVIRONMENT:Highly creative, deadline- and calendar driven environment Highly collaborative, fluid, fast-paced, travel will be required.
PVH Corp. or its subsidiary ("PVH") is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment on the basis of their individual capabilities and qualifications, consistent with applicable law and without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, creed, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military status or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. In addition to complying with all applicable laws, PVH also has a strong corporate commitment to inclusion, diversity and to ensuring that all current and future PVH associates are compensated solely on job-related factors such as skill, ability, educational background, work quality, experience and potential. To achieve these goals, across the United States and its territories, PVH prohibits any PVH employee, agent or representative from requesting or otherwise considering any job applicant's current or prior wages, salary or other compensation information in connection with the hiring process. Accordingly, applicants are asked not to disclose this salary history information to PVH
INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTACTS:
Internal:Calvin Klein Global, Calvin Klein North America, Calvin Klein Sport, Global Design teams, Supply Chain and Product Development
External:Vendors, licensees, factories, and mills
ProfileQUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
Experience:Minimum 8+ years of Accessories design experience, with 6+ years of experience managing a Design team
Education:Bachelor's Degree in Design or Art, preferably with concentration in Accessories design.
- Excellent hand-sketching skills
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, highly creative environment.
- Possess high fashion aesthetics.
- Must fully understand design needs for international markets in Europe & Asia, including Japan, and Far East.
- Must operate effectively across cultural and time-zone barriers.
- Flexibility to meeting strict deadlines.
- Proficiency in Illustrator/Photoshop or similar programs strongly preferred
- Must be proficient in Men's and Women's Bag and Small Leather Goods construction and knowledgeable about materials, skins, hardware and trim
- Knowledge of forecasting and keeping current with trends globally
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills and interpersonal skills
- Ability to travel as needed
- Flexibility with working hours, including weekends & holidays as needed