It all started with the shirt. Then came the buzz, followed by a groundswell of fans and admirers. Since 2001, Robert Graham has captivated consumers with an aesthetic experience that transcends the ordinary. Each piece is an unconventional work of art designed for an individual who exudes confidence and a distinctive identity. Today, Robert Graham creates four menswear and women’s wear collections a year: spring, pre-fall, fall and resort. The men’s wear collection consists of sportswear, premium denim, furnishings, and outerwear. The women’s wear line consists of sportswear tops and outerwear with plans of expansion into additional categories. Robert Graham now operates freestanding stores in locations including Houston, Las Vegas, Boca Raton, Palm Beach Gardens, Short Hills, New Jersey and Columbus Circle in New York City. The brand also sells at luxury department stores and boutiques including Neiman Marcus, Nordstrom, Saks Fifth Avenue and Bloomingdales nationwide, and Harry Rosen throughout Canada. Robert Graham has retail presence in more than a dozen countries around the world and has showrooms located in New York City, Los Angeles, Dallas, Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver, and Dusseldorf.
Designer What could be more exciting than putting your mark on some of the world’s most famous and well-loved fashion brands? As a designer for Centric Brands, you’ll use your skills and creativity to create designs based on style plans, sales needs and emerging trends. You will also ensure that your work can be transformed into a finished product in a timely manner and at an appropriate price point. This means working not only with our technical design and production teams, but also building collaborative relationships with outside vendors and other external stakeholders. The challenges are exciting and the possibilities endless – as you contribute your skills in a vibrant, customer- and people-centric culture that celebrates you as a valuable member of the team.
Specific Responsibilities Would IncludeThe Senior Designer manages the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by creating and executing original, trend-appropriate design concepts, create and execute knit styles, that meet market needs and drive sales, and coordinating the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Roles & ResponsibilitiesStrategy & Innovation
- Research and identify trend directions; perform and review competitive analysis; oversee and review fabrics, design concepts, presentation boards for meetings, mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational boards
- Execute development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment and cost structure; devise style plans and design according to sales needs and emerging trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar
Operations & Results
- Create Illustrator sketches; approve specification sheets and line sheets; ensure accuracy of product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; ensure maintenance of designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives
- Select and review raw materials and trims; ensure maintenance of fabric/trim library
- Approve lab dips and ensure consistency with color standards and licensor directives, where appropriate; collaboratively devise and approve prints and graphics where appropriate; oversee fit process
- Partner with production and overseas suppliers to develop and track new and existing fabrics; receive and log incoming samples; create and maintain swatch books, library of samples, dip/dye cards and color/quality standards; maintain detailed, organized and updated archives
- Review and approve all yarns, where appropriate, and fabrics and trims for color and quality; accurately track fabric qualities, material content, color, mill(s) and all other details for each style and verify consistency across proto samples, TOP samples and production; ensure overseas offices, suppliers and vendors have copies of and adhere to standards
- Develop and format technical packages with sketches and specifications, front and back sketches, critical measurements, and fabric, trim and construction details for each style in the category; maintain style, fabric and technical details in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system and/or shared drives
Customers & Relationships
- Manage follow-up with internal and external customers and partners, including production and tech; manage interoffice communication and relationships with vendors and internal customers
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- Knowledge of cut-and-sew knit design, fit and construction, as well as yarn-dyed knit construction
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for merchandising; strong ability to sketch
- Extensive knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design.
- 5 - 8 years experience in apparel design; significant relevant experience in category
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401(k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our social impact program, Centric Cares, focuses on volunteerism to make a difference in communities we live and work in and o ur D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Salary Range: $92,400 - $115,500
At Centric Brands, we believe our people are our greatest asset, and we seek to structure competitive compensation offers to ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. Our job postings include an annual base salary range at the time of employment. The stated base salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on several factors, including the selected candidate's educational and professional experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the selection process. Base salary is a part of a total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, annual bonus and other Centric Brands sponsored benefit programs.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated. Robert Graham is an Equal Opportunity Employer Please note that Centric Brands will only reach out to interview, make an offer of employment or conduct onboarding activities for candidates who have applied through our careers site. When interviewing for a position, the candidate experience will include live interaction, such as a video conference or telephone call, with a Recruiter and/or company employee(s). We will never ask for any money or payments from applicants at any point in the recruitment process. Be aware of suspicious recruitment activity. If you think you are a victim of an employment scam, you may contact your local law enforcement agency and/or visit the Federal Trade Commission website here: https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/job-scams .