Founded in 2001 by Creative Director Joe Dahan, Joe's redefines everyday style with its inherently LA sensibility and distinctive rock + roll point-of-view.
With an emphasis on offering the perfect fit for everybody, the brand takes a revolutionary approach to denim and sophisticated classics, incorporating the very latest in technology to offer product that is beautiful, innovative, and fits flawlessly.
Designer What could be more exciting than putting your mark on some of the world’s most famous and well-loved fashion brands? As a designer for Centric Brands, you’ll use your skills and creativity to create designs based on style plans, sales needs and emerging trends. You will also ensure that your work can be transformed into a finished product in a timely manner and at an appropriate price point. This means working not only with our technical design and production teams, but also building collaborative relationships with outside vendors and other external stakeholders. The challenges are exciting and the possibilities endless – as you contribute your skills in a vibrant, customer- and people-centric culture that celebrates you as a valuable member of the team.
Specific Responsibilities Would IncludeThe Senior Designer for Joe's Jeans supports the Designer(s) in the seasonal design development process, from concept to delivery, by contributing original, trend-appropriate design concepts that meet market needs and drive sales, and ensuring the timely execution of each stage in the process.
Strategy & Innovation
- Assist and take direction from Designer(s) and Senior Designer(s) for preliminary design research, including competitive analysis; pull fabrics, develop concepts, assemble presentation boards for meetings, prepare mock-ups, color-ups, inspirational photos
- Assist in development of initial seasonal design category in context of larger assortment
Operations & Results
- Track design schedule to ensure timely execution of product development calendar
- Support Designer(s) in creating Illustrator sketches; assist in preparation of specification sheets; prepare designs for line review; prepare line sheets and update as necessary
- Maintain product development logs, line sheets, boards and design archives library; maintain designs in Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system or shared drives
- Research and coordinate raw materials and trims for approval; maintain fabric/trim library
- Review lab dips with Designer(s) and Senior Designer(s); coordinate print and graphics where appropriate; observe and assist with fit process; keep detailed notes
Customers & Relationships
- Follow-up with internal customers and partners including technical design and production; facilitate interoffice communication
- Build collaborative relationships with vendors and internal customers
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
- Superior ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Basic knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products and Mac computers; knowledge of CAD preferable
- Knowledge of PLM
- organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our social impact program, Centric Cares, focuses on volunteerism to make a difference in communities we live and work in and o ur D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Salary Range: $100,000-$116,000
At Centric Brands, we believe our people are our greatest asset, and we seek to structure competitive compensation offers to ensure that we are able to attract and retain the best talent. Our job postings include an annual base salary range at the time of employment. The stated base salary range represents our good faith estimate as to what candidates are likely to expect, and we tailor our offers within the range based on several factors, including the selected candidate's educational and professional experience, industry knowledge, location, technical and communication skills, and other factors that may prove relevant during the selection process. Base salary is a part of a total compensation package, which, depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, annual bonus and other Centric Brands sponsored benefit programs.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated. Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer Please note that Centric Brands will only reach out to interview, make an offer of employment or conduct onboarding activities for candidates who have applied through our careers site. When interviewing for a position, the candidate experience will include live interaction, such as a video conference or telephone call, with a Recruiter and/or company employee(s). We will never ask for any money or payments from applicants at any point in the recruitment process. Be aware of suspicious recruitment activity. If you think you are a victim of an employment scam, you may contact your local law enforcement agency and/or visit the Federal Trade Commission website here: https://consumer.ftc.gov/articles/job-scams .