Senior Designer, Apparel - us Sports
We are looking for a Senior Apparel Designer to join our US Sports- Football team in Portland, OR.
The Senior Apparel Designer is responsible for developing industry leading creative solutions for assigned concept or category, to create a highly relevant, desirable, and clear adidas brand image, from sell to sellout (consumer-facing).
- Lead the Creative development for concept or category across multiple consumer touchpoints, from 2D to retail to digital
- Develop concepts and creative strategies that fulfill objectives of category, concept, briefs
- Collaborate with Product Design team to ensure holistic storytelling
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to ensure consumer- and brand focus
- Lead the execution of creative strategies to ensure end to end creative excellence from sell in to sellout (consumer-facing)
- Direct variety of creative resources (agencies, freelancers, writers, photographers, etc.) on creative execution to ensure holistic creative excellence
- Review and approve production stages of creative execution
- Maximize results within given budget and timeframes
- Participate in creation of annual and long-term Creative Direction strategies
- Present and communicate creative solutions with clarity, effectively selling in ideas to variety of stakeholders
- Identify opportunities of improvement and change, and initiate own proposals/projects
- Seek out new Design resources that can deliver world class results
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- IT skills: Excel, Word, PowerPoint: advanced /Outlook
- Expert in design applications
- Strong visual and verbal skills with the ability to create impactful/exciting visuals
- Art Direction of photoshoots, pre-press reviews and approvals
- adidas requires all US based employees to report COVID-19 vaccination status. Proof of vaccination is required in New York City and Puerto Rico. adidas is an equal opportunity employer and will consider requests for accommodation in accordance with all relevant state laws.
- adidas employees have returned to the office in a Hybrid model. The working location of this role will be Portland, OR.
- Though our teammates hail from all corners of the world, our working language is English
- Diversity and Inclusion at adidas means championing individual uniqueness and cultivating a culture of belonging in which everyone can create at their best. We embrace DIVERSE backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives and seek to create a workforce that REFLECTS our consumers and communities.
- Under-graduate level Design education or combination thereof
- Solid education and advanced experience in the creative development of communication tools
- At least 6-8 years of experience in Sporting Goods/Fashion Industry or Design on managerial level
- Proven experience with the entire design process (project scope and time planning, design steps, production/execution of design solution, pre-press processes)
- Passion for adidas and its mission
- Passion for sports, culture and design
At adidas we believe that through sport, we have the power to change lives.
Our ambition is to be the best sport brand in the world and with that comes plenty of challenges. We thrive on solving these with the imagination and experience of our incredible teammates.