Senior Designer, Brand Creative
David Yurman is a celebrated American jewelry company founded in New York by David Yurman, a sculptor, and his wife, Sybil, a painter and ceramicist. When the artists began collaborating, their goal was simply to make beautiful objects to wear. Led today by their son Evan, David Yurman creates timeless, yet contemporary collections for women and men defined by inspiration, innovation, consummate craftsmanship and cable – the brand’s artistic signature. David Yurman collections are available at 50 retail stores throughout the United States, Canada, Hong Kong and France and at over 300 locations worldwide, through their exclusive authorized fine jewelry and timepiece network of retailers.
Job DescriptionThe Senior Designer, Brand Creative works on a large range of print projects across advertising, mailers & cross-functional collateral and packaging, with integration support for digital needs. They will possess exceptional design skills and a deep understanding of the luxury industry. They provide an elevated and branded design sensibility while working in a fast-paced team environment and will play a critical role in defining and executing creative content.
- Work with creative team to execute projects ranging from advertising layouts (OOH, magazine, newspaper etc.), mailers, catalogs, co-op kits, packaging, event collateral, cross-functional collateral (marketing, events, retail etc.) and other projects, as needed.
- Design, concept & execute - presentation visuals, mood/storyboarding, comps, and other creative materials as directed.
- Manage print process from concept to design releasing for print.
- Ensure visual designs adhere to project requirements, objectives, and timelines upholding brand standards across all touch points.
- Actively communicate with cross-functional partners to understand the strategy and deliverables, and articulate creative thinking behind the design decisions; Identify gaps in current assets and offer recommendations for new content.
- Partner closely with project managers in terms of meeting goals and deadlines necessary for timely delivery of projects and creative assets.
- Possess strong capability to consider a range of applications and audiences for each project.
- Develop good working relationships with internal customers.
- Remain current on emerging trends in advertising, digital design, 360 marketing and be inspired by current trends in design, art and culture to bring “state of the art” innovations to David Yurman.
- 3+ years design experience within the luxury space.
- Comprehensive understanding of printing techniques and print production.
- Conceptual thinking and hands-on design skills.
- Superior knowledge and skills with Adobe CS Suite; with a strong knowledge of print production.
- Expert knowledge of typography, color, layout, production and other design principles.
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced work environment and work both independently and as part of a team.
- Detail oriented, efficient, organized, self-starter, highly productive and collaborative approach to work.
- Adaptability, maintaining effectiveness when experiencing changes in work tasks or the work environment; adjusting effectively to work within new processes and requirements.
- On set experience for still life and lifestyle photo shoots a plus.
- Experience with Frame.io a plus.
New York, NY
Working Mode: Hybrid
Estimate Salary Range: $90,000 - $110,000
Base pay is one component of David Yurman’s total compensation package, which may also include the following for eligible employees: access to healthcare benefits, 401(k) plan, bonus, employee discounts, Summer Fridays (corporate roles), generous paid time off, sick time, and more.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at David YurmanAs a company founded by artists, David Yurman champions self-expression in everything we do. We are committed to fostering a culture of openness and creative collaboration within our entire community, and we cherish the diversity of our employees’ backgrounds and perspectives. We will always advocate for equity and inclusion for all.
David Yurman is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.