Senior Designer Concept
The Senior Designer, Concept plays a key role in shaping, developing, and implementing the creative direction of Athleta’s world class beautiful, technical and sustainable performance apparel. This position helps set the creative tone seasonally, through elevated physical and digital presentations, that drive trend and concept through the unique brand voice of Athleta. This position works closely with the Design, Color and Surface teams and will report directly into the Senior Director of Concept, Color & Surface.What You'll Do
- Research, edit and build inspirational and on-brand design concepts.
- Closely collaborate with Color, Surface, Fabric and Design to ensure a holistic seasonal expression.
- Organize and drive the digital and physical build-out of any concept presentation.
- Create trend reports as needed.
- Ensure product is consistent with market trends as well as business strategy; providing recommendations based on market demands and brand filters.
- Work to improve processes and offers creative solutions to complex calendar of deliverables.
- 7-10 years of experience in Concept Design.
- Highly creative with the ability to distill trends into commercial concepts through the brand lens.
- Possess a high taste-level with a passion for research, culture and trends and a thorough knowledge of fabric, silhouettes and fit.
- Displays poise and strong ability to communicate and obtain executive buy-in.
- Able to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and highly collaborative environment.
- Strong strategic thinking and communication skills –the ability to synthesize, develop and present clear and concise recommendations.
- Experience in analytical and/or strategic brand positioning work, including design filters and customer profiling.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and video editing a plus.