Senior Designer (Cut & Sew), Tommy Hilfiger/ Nautica Sportswear
GIII Apparel Group is a leading manufacturer and distributor of apparel and accessories under licensed brands, owned brands and private label brands with an entrepreneurial culture that flows throughout the comprehensive portfolio of over 30 licensed and proprietary brands, including Andrew Marc, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Kenneth Cole, Cole Haan, Tommy Hilfiger, Karl Lagerfeld, Levi's, Dockers, Vince Camuto, Kensie, and G.H. Bass, among others.
GIII also has licenses with the four major professional sports leagues, as well as over 100 U.S. colleges and universities. In addition, G-III currently designs, manufactures and markets an extensive range of apparel, including outerwear, dresses, sportswear, beachwear, women's suits and women's performance wear, as well as luggage and women's handbags, small leather goods and various accessories.
GIII Apparel Group is currently seeking a Senior Designer (Cut &Sew) to join its Tommy Hilfiger & Nautica Sportswear team based in New York City!
Success Profile: The Designer will create and design a competitive fashion apparel product line that strikes a balance between relevant commercial product and brand right emotional fashion, that will collectively grow the business according to the brand’s strategic and financial objectives for the customer.
Design Functions: Builds the line of C&S Knits from conceptual research, sketches to final approved garments. Identifies inspiration styles and trends to illustrate line development,Sketches the line, Research fabrics/ designs, Conducts fittings,Creates tech packs, responsible for the category from start to finish.
Seasonal Development:Shops for seasonal inspirational each season.Contributes to color palette and materials development for each collection.Communicates daily with overseas offices regarding the status of the product development and approvals.Works closely with sales and teams to monitor sales trends.Creates tech packs. Communicates with sourcing and production teams to ensure costing goals are achieved.
Professional Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- 9-10 years of experience in apparel design, required
- Expert technical skill proficiency using Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop, required
- Demonstrated ability to sketch technical drawings, with strong hand sketch and competent computer design skills
- Demonstrated capability and knowledge of varied constructions for C&S knits.
- Familiarity with the development process and working with overseas factories and vendors
- Fashion savvy with the critical ability to identify and interpret commercially viable trends
- Accurate attention to detail, strong organizational skills and ability to take independent action to follow through on open items and issue resolution to completion
- Confident, capable, highly effective cross-functional written/verbal communication, teaming and interpersonal skills
- Adhere to design calendar/ deadlines.
The pay range for this position is: $100,000 - $125,000
Please note that the foregoing compensation information is a good-faith assessment associated with this position only and is provided pursuant to the New York City Salary Transparency Law.