Senior Designer (Los Angeles)
A mens and kids contemporary lifestyle brand based in Los Angeles is looking for a full-time Senior Designer.
In this role you will help build and scale the brand. You will lead the creation and execution of concepts for all design for Mens and Kids. You will be responsible for planning the design calendar, creating concepts per season and making sure all samples come in.
We are looking for a creative eye that loves all trends in Menswear and Kidswear. A creative eye that would like to drive the business and create concepts for our brand to drive sales.
· Create production tech packs for men’s, boys and girls garments – including sketches, bill of materials, and fit spec information (in Adobe Illustrator).
-Research the market and trends per season
-Create inspiration boards for graphic designer and work with them for all print direction
· Responsible for commenting on production samples – including handlooms, fit samples, pre-production samples, and top of production samples with the Production team.
· Collaborate with sales, merchandise, and production team to ensure that production is in line with standards of buyer’s expectations.
· Communicate with all overseas vendors to provide on time sampling.
· Adhere to production calendar / T&A deadlines.
· Strong and clear communication skills – both oral and written. Heavy emphasis on speed and quality of communication.
· 7+ years experience Menswear Design + Kidswear Design
· Adobe Illustrator / Photoshop proficiency a must
· Microsoft office, especially Excel and Outlook
· Knowledge of garment construction
· Knowledge of garment specs
· Pre-production experience is a plus
Who we are:
Sovereign Code, born in 2008, is an innovative Los Angeles based brand making great headway on the best retail floors across America. With the line initially focusing on woven tops, the brand has since nailed the perfect fit, style, and prices; progressing forward to now a full-fledged collection; including wovens, knits, outerwear, bottoms, swim, denim, etc. Originating as an affordable men’s contemporary brand, Sovereign Code has also firmly expanded its presence into the kids space, offering the brand in both Boys and Girls. Please visit www.svrncode.com for more info.
***Please submit your portfolio with a resume to be considered for an interview***