Senior Designer- Fashion
SENIOR DESIGNER - AMANDA UPRICHARD, a NYC based females owned contemporary fashion brand is looking for a full-time experienced Senior Designer to join our design team. We are based in the heart of the garment center in NYC. Amanda Uprichard is sold on our website, as well as the best contemporary websites such as Shopbop, and Revolve, and department and specialty stores nationwide. We are primarily a dress brand and are always looking to design dresses to make a woman feel comfortable, attractive, powerful. Our girls likes attention.
THIS ROLE WILL REPORT TO:
Design Director and Owner
YOU WILL SUPERVISE:
Assistant Designers, Patternmaker's, Design Interns
OVERALL JOB DESCRIPTION:
To set the overall trend and direction for designs each season. To supervise and ensure that designs and resulting product are appropriate for the brand.
- Contribute to overall trend and direction for each season.
- Shop and observe street fashion several times a year. Take photos and purchase samples for inspiration.
- Globally source, find fabrics and yarns that are within budgetary guidelines to develop.
- Collaborate with the Design Director/Owner, Sales Team and Merchandiser on a weekly basis to review emerging trends to chase in-season.
- Collaborate with the Design Director/Owner each season to develop conceptual direction for the total product assortment.
- Identify fabrics that are within budget guidelines to develop into product. Collaborate with partners in Production to manage lead-time, minimum order requirements, and costing constraints.
- Design styles, develop or select trims, and identify colors for fabrics selected.
- Present development samples and color palette for seasonal review.
- Oversee the draping and pattern making of samples for all chosen bodies. Communicate fit and construction details to the Product Development department. Complete all technical sketches for domestic and overseas programs, CAD styles were possible.
- Possible travel to factories for development and execution of programs.
- Develop and train Assistant Designer. Ensure training goals are set each review period and renewed regularly. Motivate and encourage them to be creative and to support your needs.
- Must ensure that product timelines are met
- The ability to recognize and accurately forecast fashion and cultural trends.
- Creative Vision: Have the vision to identify trends in their early stages and understand their impact to fashion, so we can be one step ahead for the market. Have the expertise to take aspirational ideas, focusing on the key details and make them work for a broader audience.
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and inspire: Excellent communication skills to communicate ideas and inspirations to others and to interact with other team members.
- Ability to research and report on industry trend direction, color direction, and fabric innovations approximately 9-12 months ahead of season.
- Organizational skills necessary to manage multiple tasks and projects, and complete them within deadlines.
- Excellent hand sketching and/or CAD skills in Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Comprehensive knowledge of apparel construction, including dying, silk screening, washing techniques and other treatments.
- Thorough understanding of manufacturing techniques and processes.
- Knowledge and ability to source fabrics, trims, labels and other production goods.
- Leadership skills to build and develop a solid team of individuals that share a common vision.
- The ability to delegate and direct the daily activities of the assistant designer, interns, pattern makers and provide direction to the team.
- Personnel skills to motivate, lead, develop and coach people and the recognition that building a team is critical to our success. The ability to provide feedback and performance evaluation in accordance with Company guidelines with the goal of developing and promoting staff internally.
- The ability to develop partnerships with the Sales and Marketing Teams.
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design
- 7-10 years in womens fashion design
- Strong understanding of fashion trends
- Strong technical knowledge of fabrications and construction.
We offer Health, Dental, 401k and Gym membership.
Please send all resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org