Senior Designer Graphics Baby
Gap has always been about optimistic American style. Starting with our very first store on Ocean Avenue in San Francisco, opened almost 50 years ago by Doris and Don Fisher. The thread that’s run through those five decades is the phenomenal people that make up our brand – our employees and our customers. People who are rooted in the legacy that makes Gap what it is, but who are also focused on the future. People who want to leave the world better than they found it.
We’ve built our brand on staying true to our roots while always being out in front of what’s next. If you want to be part of an iconic American brand, and help lead the way for where we’re headed, we’d love to have you join us.
About The Role
In this role, you will help to create in-house designs for all graphics and on garment embellishments in collaboration with the cross-functional product development teams. You will produce mechanical art and complex graphic design (logos, illustrations, photographs, tags, labels, etc.) using a strong understanding of the brand aesthetic. Your goal is to interpret design ideas, ensuring that the graphics produced align with seasonal concepts and that the resulting product style is more than worth the price for our customers.
What You'll Do
- Create in house designs for all graphics and on garment embellishments, in partnership with internal and external partners.
- Stay abreast of trends, new techniques and resources in graphic design, conduct concept research, and make recommendations for technology enhancements, upgrades and purchases
- Develop, enhance and reference library in an organized manner to allow prompt and easy access for all product groups
- Leverage and sometimes direct external creative vendors to fulfill assortment needs where graphics are concerned
- Responsible for quality of all graphics and on garment embellishments and advice in meeting business partner needs
- Responsible for end results of graphics team and shares responsibility over resources, budget and adherence to policies
Who You Are
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work accordingly
- Strong creative sense with artistic abilities
- Thorough knowledge of graphics production (e.g. silk screen color separation; camera ready art, heat transfers, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and additional related software
- Ability to assess relatively complex situations and analyze data to make judgments and recommend solutions
Benefits at Gap
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
- See more of the benefits we offer.
- For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. In 2022, we were recognized by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers and one of the Best Employers for Diversity.
Salary Range: $103,600 - $137,300 USD
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on city, county and state requirements.
US CandidatesPlease note that effective, June 30, 2022, Gap Inc. will no longer require any of its employees to wear face masks or require proof of COVID vaccination, unless required by local or state/provincial mandates or as part of Gap Inc’s quarantine guidelines after being exposed to or testing positive for COVID. Therefore, please disregard any language in any job posting that refers to Gap Inc.’s face mask and proof of vaccination policy as said policy is no longer effective.