Senior Designer, Graphics, Visual Experience
Coach is a global fashion house founded in New York in 1941. Inspired by the vision of Creative Director Stuart Vevers and the inclusive and courageous spirit of our hometown, we make beautiful things, crafted to last-for you to be yourself in.
Coach is part of the Tapestry portfolio - a global house of brands committed to stretching what's possible.
A member of the Tapestry family, we are part of a global house of brands that has unwavering optimism and is committed to being innovative and wholly inclusive. VisitOur Peoplepage to learn more about Tapestry's commitment to equity, inclusion, and diversity.
Job Title: Senior Designer, Graphics, Visual Experience
Primary Purpose:The Senior Designer, Graphics, Visual Experience, will play a key role in designing 2D graphics, signage, prints and packaging for pop-ups and in-store experiences at Coach. The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Art Direction and Graphic Design to concept big ideas and on-going branded content for pop-ups, stores and special projects.
This individual will develop and design all Coach branded collateral within a pop-ups/ 3D environment setting; translating all creative to ensures a cohesive Coach Brand communication specific to each project. The candidate should combine a proficiency in branding and graphic design with a passion for designing packaging, wayfinding, graphics and wallpapers in a 3D spatial setting. They should have an eye for colour and pattern and an understanding of how to apply these within a 3D setting to create maximum impact.
The Senior Designer, Graphics, Visual Experience will report to the Design Director, Creative Studio. This designer will handle a broad scale of projects from pop-ups and events to in-store creative. They will work on both retail and outlet projects with a particular specialism for in-store graphics and wallpapers for our outlet stores.
The successful individual will possess:
- Ability to design seasonal pop-up, window, event, and showroom graphics and branding, working on projects from early ideation to technical execution.
- A deep understanding of graphic design and branding principles.
- Support regional teams in the global execution and regional roll out of 2D designs. Ability to adapt designs to different store layouts and to tier ideas down across multiple scales and touch points.
- Ability to concept graphic design solutions with limited direction from senior studio members.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities with very tight deadlines.
- Self-starter, collaborative team player, with a "can do" spirit.
- Extremely detail oriented, well organized, strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills. Ability to communicate effectively with multiple teams across the Coach brand to realize creative vision.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Skilled with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Bridge and Acrobat. This is a hands-on design role.
- A strong knowledge of print production is a must.
- Strong technical knowledge with regards to tiling patterns, tiering solutions to multiple sizes/formats and wrapping 3D elements in 2D graphics.
- Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design/Communication Arts
- 5-7 years' experience in Graphic Design/Art Direction, with a focus on branding.
- A strong understanding of Graphic Design within the field of fashion, an understanding of competitors and emerging trends in this field.
- A passion for designing graphics within the built environment, an interest in designing impactful wayfinding and branding within retail spaces.
- An understanding of customer priorities and ability to strive to exceed expectations.
- Ability to think outside the box and awareness of digital trends.
- Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Customer Focus:Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
- Drive for Results:Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly:Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Developing Direct Reports and Others:Provides challenging and stretching tasks and assignments; holds frequent development discussions; is aware of each person's career goals; constructs compelling development plans and executes them; pushes people to accept developmental moves; will take on those who need help and further development; cooperates with the developmental system in the organization; is a people builder.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
Req ID: 103634