Senior Designer - Madewell Sweaters
Whether you are taking the first step toward beginning your career or are a professional looking for an exciting new opportunity, we offer a wide array of challenging and creative paths. Whether in our stores, our home offices or in our distribution or call centers, we believe a work environment like ours that promotes unity through diversity creates stronger teams and fosters an inclusive experience for all our associates and customers.
Job descriptionSenior Designer - Madewell Sweaters
You've got to...
- Get us - a passion for the brand that shows up in everything you do, everyday.
- Be a strategic thinker - spend time and energy on what drives the greatest results.
- Look under rocks, be curious, ask questions and use your smarts to think boldly and do the right thing.
- Be a team player - cultivate productive relationships with cross-functional business partners.
- Communicate consistently, with purpose and an understanding of your audience.
- Be a multi-task master - make quick decisions under tight timelines.
- Be nimble and comfortable with change.
- Work independently and take the lead, even when all of the pieces are not in place.
- Articulate your point of view and have the courage and conviction to stand up for your beliefs.
- Have a great fashion aesthetic and be all over what's happening in the industry.
- Always be on, up for anything and ready to have fun along the way.
- Design and develop 4 seasonal sweater collections.
- Manage creative and technical development of product within merchandise assortment strategy.
- Research seasonal trends, yarns, stitches, patterns, and color.
- Manage yarn sourcing and development with yarn mills, Production team, and Hong Kong office.
- Collaborate with Merchandising, Production, and Technical Design teams to achieve product execution and maintain design integrity.
- Lead fittings.
- Create design cards in PLM for all development samples, including sketches, measurements, construction details, and layouts.
- Manage approval of all yarn handfeel, lab dips, and trim submits.
- Domestic and overseas travel for yarn shows, design research, and product development.
- 6-8 years minimum Design experience
- High taste level, understanding of brand aesthetic, and creative ability
- Ability to manage and develop a team
- Experienced technical knowledge of sweater construction and fit
- Experienced knowledge of yarn construction
- Knowledge of seasonal silhouette, yarn, stitch, and color trends
- Strong illustration and presentation skills
- Understanding of Madewell Brand, ability to implement into design
- Proven ability to research and apply market and fashion trends
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work efficiently
- Detail oriented and strong follow through
- Strong organizational, communication, and written skills
- Proficient in PLM, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- BA Fashion Design
We want you to...
Oh, and by the way, you...
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.
We are committed to affirmatively providing equal opportunity to all associates and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, marital status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, legally protected physical or mental disability or any other basis protected under applicable law.