Senior Designer, Materials, Global Jordan, Footwear, Sport
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
Soul, performance and style take flight at Jordan Brand. With its deep roots in basketball, the Jordan Brand began as an homage to one player: Michael Jordan. Since then, Jordan has become synonymous with peak performance and an endless pursuit of greatness. Employees in merchandising, product branding, sports marketing and sales bring creativity, innovation and audacious design to footwear and apparel, all with one mission in mind: help athletes fly on and off the court.
The Jordan Design team is inspired by the Greatest of All Time and is focused on continuing to deliver product that is made and engineered to the exact specification of championship athletes. On and off the court, we want our consumers and athletes to feel confident in the way they look and feel, the same way the greatest player who ever played the game felt every time he laced up his J’s. Jordan Design is a high-performance team that works together, pushes the boundaries, and always stays focused on delivering the best product for the consumer.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an exceptional Footwear Materials Designer to combine their experience, problem solving abilities, and creativity to help create the future of Jordan Footwear Materials. The category you will be working in is the Jordan Performance team. The ideal candidate needs to be a highly creative problem solver, who doesn’t settle for anything less than the best design and materials solutions, to meet the needs of the consumer and athlete. This person will be focused on elevating the consumer experience by crafting materials that are performance and trend-relevant for a range of products, while driving an emotional connection to materials for the consumer using narrative and storytelling as well as pushing the edges of sustainable footwear material design.
WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you will be creating concepts and new material designs on a range of products for Jordan Performance. You will also work on Athlete signature products. You will work on elevating new technologies that influence brand new models, and seasonal narratives. Your goal will be to aim for product excellence by partnering with key stakeholders cross-functionally on the product creation process and help bring the vision for the future of Jordan Performance products to life. You will unleash creativity with a focus on sustainability, leveraging consumer insights to inform our creative response. Your focus will help drive innovation and embed cultural connections into our designs to create separation from our competition.
WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will be partnering with Footwear Designers, Color Designers, Graphic Designers, Digital Designers, Developers, Engineers, Product testing, Sport Researchers and Product Line Managers. This role does not have direct reports, and reports directly to the FW Materials Senior Manager, Designer.
WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in design, art or related field; fashion design, product design, industrial design, accessory and footwear design, or textile design; or a combination of relevant education, experience and training
- Ideally 4+ years of relevant design experience exemplifying ability to push material design, and/or proven experience in Textile Design or Footwear Design
- Ability to translate consumer knowledge/insights to narratives and product executions.
- Ability to leverage manufacturing process to elevate new ideas, process, and materials
- Experience building 3D samples and crafting mockup samples by hand
- Highly organized and self-sufficient
- Experience working and communicating directly with manufacturing partners to ensure the accuracy of intent and Materials executions
- Experience building inspiration/concept presentations, and mood boards for seasonal concepts and direction
- Ability to create and edit files using Adobe programs including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to participate in multiple seasonal projects with challenging resources and deadlines
- Understanding of the Footwear Product Creation process, a plus.
- Active and proficient participant in the creative process and cross-functional communication
- Ability to communicate and present design concepts to internal and external audiences
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally with key partners.
Ability to create concepts and explore new Materials innovations and technologies and ideas
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.