Senior Designer, Outerwear
FIGS is seeking an experienced Senior Designer with extensive understanding of premium performance apparel, specialized in lifestyle and technical Outerwear. They will report to the Senior Design Director overseeing men’s and women’s outerwear design. The ideal candidate will have a keen eye for innovation, sustainability, concept, fit and color. We’re seeking someone with experience presenting seasonal lines with storytelling while meeting end-use needs for the health professional. They will collaborate with the Senior Design Director and Chief Product Officer to establish seasonal design direction. This person will also manage relationships with cross-functional partners including all aspects of the design development calendar, tech pack creation, coordination and calendar processes to ensure products align with brand vision. Our ideal candidate is clear with processes, a serial problem solver and all-star communicator. Lastly, they are creative, passionate with product, highly organized and detail oriented.
What you’ll do:
- Conceptualization and design creation from to completion
- Create men’s and women’s original apparel relative to the seasonal concept
- Lead Design assistant to ensure line sheets are accurate, oversing all tech pack creation and updates
- Create mood boards and concept direction
- Partner with product development on the status of styles and development following up as needed with factories
- Create concept direction for fabrics and trims to execute premium quality final products appropriate for medical professionals
- Attend and participate in bi-weekly fittings to ensure all products are executed to meet conceptual aesthetic
- Partner with Men’s and Women’s design leads across categories on total collection concept and color alignment.
- Work closely with Raw Material team on Technical Outerwear Innovation and sustainability
- Work closely with the Color team on ensuring all necessary materials are requested in seasonal colors and lead on final aesthetic approvals.
- 6-8 years experience in a similar role within an apparel DTC company
- Extensive knowledge of outerwear and technical outerwear garment construction and fabrics
- Men’s and Women's experience, size inclusive knowledge is a plus
- Managing experience, should be able to lead and nurture new talent and create a collaborative work environment
- Highly creative with a strong understanding of FIGS brand aesthetic with in-depth knowledge of design techniques and processes
- Passion for color concept and story telling
- Organized, self-motivated, deadline focused and goal driven
- Strong passion for apparel design and ability to recognize and translate into medical apparel product
- Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and knowledge of CAD
- G Suite proficiency is a plus
- Team player
- Proven work ethic and integrity
- Able to work with little supervision
- Positive attitude
- Desire to excel and grow with FIGS
- Entrepreneurial spirit and egoless nature
The medical apparel industry is antiquated, highly fragmented and, until FIGS, was driven solely by low-cost providers offering a limited selection of poor quality products sold through third party distributors. FIGS is revolutionizing the medical apparel industry by creating the highest quality medical apparel in the world and by selling directly to medical professionals through our branded ecommerce site.
FIGS’ foundation is built on product quality, and we have a relentless focus on three key areas: fabric, fit and function. We developed our proprietary, performance-oriented fabric technology to meet the demands of the medical profession. FIGS’ Technical Collection fabric is wrinkle resistant, moisture-wicking, lightweight, breathable and offers four-way stretch. Our designs are tailored, sophisticated and innovative, incorporating features such as yoga waistbands, smart storage (pockets, zippers, hidden pockets) and inspirational sayings inside each garment that appeal to modern healthcare professionals.
By offering a branded and customer-centric online shopping experience, we are changing how medical professionals buy their workwear. Through our website, social media, and participation in medical conferences and events, we have built a strong following within the medical community and a meaningful connection with our customers, which allows us to understand their needs and to ensure that FIGS is continuously improving and innovating.
FIGS’ Threads for Threads initiative is central to our mission. FIGS has donated hundreds of thousands of scrubs to healthcare providers in need around the world.