Senior Designer- Performance Apparel
Headquartered in Southern California, Skechers has spent 30 years helping men, women and kids everywhere look and feel good. Developing comfort technologies is at the foundation of all that we do—delivering stylish, innovative, and quality products at a reasonable price. From our diverse footwear offering to a growing range of apparel and accessories, Skechers is a complete lifestyle brand.
With international business representing over half of our total sales, we have product available in more than 180 countries and significant opportunities for continued expansion worldwide. We sell our collections direct to consumers through more than 4,450 Skechers stores around the globe and Skechers e-commerce sites, as well as through a network of third-party partners.
A MULTI-BILLION-DOLLAR GLOBAL LEADER IN THE FOOTWEAR INDUSTRY.
Skechers is seeking a Senior Designer- Performance Apparel to join our growing team. In this role, you will partner with the Director of Performance Apparel to create innovative and functional design solutions for both Men’s and Women’s sport apparel. You will use a consumer-focused mindset to identify the appropriate features and benefits for each athlete’s end use. Creating designs strongly influenced by athletes and by partnering with footwear, you will influence and create a cohesive collection based on the needs of the business.
Essential Job Results-
- Influence direction and identify seasonal silhouette and product classifications needed in the assortment plan that reflect a balance between active and trend for core and emerging businesses. Partner with Merchandisers in presenting concepts and gaining alignment to build styles into seasonal line plan.
- Drive Color Palette creation based on Concept, and ensure approvals are aligned with all collection components and prints, creating a cohesive product assortment that is visually enticing to our consumer and athletes worldwide.
- Build strong, dynamic and synergistic relationships with cross-functional partners: Merchandising, Marketing, Tech Design, PD, Production and Footwear.
- Research on a quarterly basis for inspiration, for Vendor On-sites for Product Development, Line Reviews and Innovation Kick Offs.
- Well-versed on emerging active trends and new technological advancements (in fabric, fibers, sustainability, health & well-being, tech, etc.) in alignment with performance athletes.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of tech pack creation and handoff to tech designers.
- Present at seasonal assortment reviews in collaboration with product development, merchandising, and tech design.
- Partner with Tech Design in initiating any needed fit analysis for seasonal development. In addition, attend weekly fittings to provide design fit intent and aesthetic point of view at each proto stage of the development process.
- Initiate creative direction for seasonal print/pattern. Partner with Graphic Designers to ensure timely execution and accurate aesthetic based on initial design intent for artwork direction.
- Develop from Concept through to commercialization performance apparel and special projects.
- Strong Design Ability with a specific example of creating product solutions that perform.
- A team player who thrives in a collaborative culture.
- Analytical/Problem Solver.
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines and a self-starter.
- High attention to detail and excellent follow through.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team environment.
- Strong Adobe Illustrator and Photo Shop skills are required.
- Computer proficiency; Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook), PLM (Product Life Management) system.
- BA Degree from a college/university in the field of Design, Apparel Design, Industrial Design, Graphic Design.
- Minimum 5+ Years experience in the Performance/ Active Apparel Industry
- Practical design experience with the ability to show work and accomplishments.
- Background in sports is preferred but not required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk; sit, reach with hands and arms, and stoop, kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Pay range for this position is $110,000-$120,000/ year.
- Paid Parental Leave: including time for fathers and adopting parents.
- Short term & long-term disability and life insurance at no cost to the employee.
- Extensive medical, dental, and vision plans with multiple carries, including EPO, HPN and PPO plans.
- Competitive 401k plan and employer matching.
- Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Savings Account (FSA) offerings.
- Paid vacation, sick, personal and holiday time.
- Pet Insurance available.
- Onsite wellness programs at company headquarters including fitness classes, acupuncture, and chiropractor.
- Employee stock purchase program
- Employee product discount of 50%; employee sample sales and family and friends discount throughout the year.
- Skechers Company Culture and growth strategy is deeply infused with internal career growth and opportunities for learning.