Senior Designer - Service & Experience Design
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.
Using the power of Nike’s digital presence across Nike stores, mobile, and web, the Nike Service & Athlete Experience Team strives to meet our consumer personally, wherever they choose to connect with Nike. This team crafts services and experiences that seamlessly connect Nike’s digital and physical portfolio to eliminate friction and build distinctions in the journey of retail.
The Nike Service & Experience Design team is a multi-disciplinary collective of designers dedicated to deeply understanding consumer needs and crafting thoughtful, intuitive experiences that feel distinct and relevant to the user. We strive to improve the experience of interacting with a Nike Athlete (retail store or CS associate) by partnering closely with cross-functional teams to co-create coordinated, well-rounded and scalable end-to-end journeys across platforms. We examine the experience from multiple perspectives (consumer, Athlete, business) and create systems that cohesively address very complex sets of goals, needs and challenges.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
If this is you, you’ll be working with Nike Direct and Marketplace partners to encourage distinct ways to tackle consumer needs through new services and experiences, using consumer insights, behavioral data, and marketplace analyses to inform your design decisions. You will facilitate cross-functional collaboration and coordination through various methods (e.g., workshops), with the goal of consolidating different viewpoints, clarifying problem statements, exploring potential solutions, and identifying solution requirements. You will build and maintain key design artifacts to detail and communicate the ideal experience architecture and/or overall service system, illustrating all the critical components and touchpoints of the service including: visual frameworks, journey maps, service blueprints, operations or user flows. You will partner with and participate in other cross-functional meetings (e.g., creative reviews), acting as a thought-partner and authority on new and existing service and experience workstreams.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As Nike’s Senior Designer, Service & Experience Design, you will encourage future service and experience ideas and make them come to life. This role will build consumer-centric, intuitive services and experiences that remove friction and create distinction for Nike's consumers, and empower Nike's CS and retail Athletes. You will partner with Nike Services, CS and Retail Operations, Marketplace and Retail Concepts to understand business needs and use a human-centered design approach to define and design the experience.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
You will partner with Nike Services, Nike Athlete Experience, CS and Retail Operations, Marketplace, Retail Concepts and Consumer Insights to understand consumer and business needs, leading with human-centered design approach to define and design the ideal experience for Nike consumers and Athletes.WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in Communication Design, Fine Arts with a background in related fields such as UX, IA, or HCI or a combination of relevant education, training, and experience
- 5-7 years of design experience in one of the following areas: experience design, UX, service design, physical environments, and/or digital products
- Experience optimizing existing services, as well as designing net new concepts or services that optimally reinvent a typical way of doing something
- Experience planning and facilitating large cross-functional workstreams, workshops, and meetings
- Experience working within a consumer insights-led, iterative, test-and-learn design process
- Portfolio of compelling design artifacts that teams efficiently demonstrate to align their work, including service journeys, blueprints and wireframes
- Exceptional oral and visual interpersonal skills
- A meticulous, growth-minded critical thinker open to sharing work early and often
- Ability to work within a self-directed culture and navigate ambiguity
- Experience in footwear and apparel retail industry a plus
- Experience working within large, matrixed organizations
- Experience in consumer services and/or support a plus
- Experience in sketching, wireframing, and/or prototyping
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.