Senior Designer, Women’s Fashion Sport Footwear
The Senior Designer, Women’s Fashion Sport Footwear, will report to the Women’s Creative Director. The ideal candidate needs to be a highly creative problem solver, who doesn’t settle for anything less than the best design solutions. Their primary role will be to envision, create, and develop premium, recognizable, and brand relevant products at the intersection of technical innovation and style, informed by culture, including sport, art, and music.
Cole Haan Designers look to the future, pursuing ideas, silhouette, stance, materials, color, and forms that further elevate our product stories and our consumer experience, raising the bar for modern style and creating tomorrow’s icons.
- In partnership with the Women’s Creative Director, drive seasonal concepts and design storytelling to create a cohesive product assortment
- Translate the brand identity and creative vision into compelling product design, continue to define a distinct Cole Haan aesthetic through innovation and brand DNA lens
- Research and develop inspiration boards to convey the seasonal creative stories and inspire the team; Continuously bring new ideas and innovative concepts that enhance the collection
- Partner with team to refine seasonal concepts, materials, hardware, and color palette
- Think innovatively at all stages of the creative, design, and development process; Be curious!
- Develop design strategies that support incremental growth to the footwear business
- Build out strategic roadmaps of product, and how it can be scaled over time
- Adhere to Product Development Calendar, closely aligning with the merchandise strategy to bring the right product in at the right time
- Partner cross-functionally with Merchandising, Materials, and Product Development teams on regular basis
- Partner with tech team and drive exceptional fit consistency and construction development
- Maintain and track seasonal development costs and ensure they are within budget and meet business margin requirements
- 5+ years of experience designing women’s footwear with a focus on fashion/lifestyle sneakers
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and prioritize and oversee multiple projects at once
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail and follow-up
- Motivation and excellent time management skills
- A collaborative nature with great initiative, ownership and strong problem-solving skills
- Successful track-record in building a line and storytelling, working closely with merchandising, and adhering to and owning calendar milestones
- Strong taste level, a leader in what is on trend and exciting in the space
- Ability to present ideas and products in a simple and clear manner (to both cross-functional partners and leadership)
- Strong understanding of consumer mindset, consumer empathy and a dedication to creating great consumer experiences
- Ability to champion new agile ways of working focused on real-time cross-functional collaboration, iterative and incremental approach to design and development culture—from concept through commercialization
- Experience developing footwear directly with factories- a MUST
- Ability to sketch both technical drawings and freeform renderings
- Understanding of materials, hardware, leather, and footwear fit and constructions
***Please submit applications with link to online portfolio or work samples***
Base Salary/Hourly Range: From $135k to $155k annually*
Bonus Eligibility: Yes, eligible for annual target bonus based on company and individual performance
Benefits Offered: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Care, Health Savings Accounts, 401(k) Retirement Plan, Vacation Time, Sick Time, Paid Parental Leave, Holidays and Cole Haan Discounts
*Rate of pay dependent upon candidates’ relevant skills and experience
This position is not available to be performed in Colorado.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cole Haan is committed to meeting the spirit as well as the letter of the law. We have been, and continue to be, committed to Equal Opportunity Employment and equal treatment of all qualified individuals -- regardless of race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, disability, or any other factors that are not job related.