Senior Designer, Women's Graphics
Join the Pacsun Community
Pacsun is dedicated to delivering an exclusive collection of the most relevant brands and styles to a community of inspired youth. Through partnerships with brands such as adidas, Brandy Melville, Essentials Fear of God, our own brands, and many more. Our Pacsun community believes in and understands the importance of using our voice, platform, and resources to inspire and bring about positive development. Our program PacCares supports and partners with organizations that align with our internal and external initiatives surrounding mental health, diversity, and equality. Join the Pacsun Community.
Learn more here: LinkedIn- Our Community
About the Job:
To ensure the continual development of new graphic design and direction for our apparel and businesses. To provide constant design and trend right graphics for our business and to be in line with all our competitors in the market. Work with buying, product development and Design Teams. Works within house legal department to ensure graphics meet Corporate legal trademark and marketing guidelines. Manage, direct and coordinate assistant designers workflow and daily duties. Work with vendors and resources to ensure quality and consistency of product.
A day in the life, what you’ll be doing:
· Creates graphic designs, prints and logos for respective collections for women’s Pacific Sunwear branded graphics as well as licensed brand partnerships.
· Produce recolor or corrections as needed.
· Presents graphic concepts each season with recommendations regarding the graphic looks for monthly deliveries.
· Assists and organizes any outside freelance graphic help when needed.
· In conjunction with the team of designers, sets the design tone for the line.
· Responsible for all research into current graphic trends and communicating these trends to the design and buying teams.
· Works with design team to come up with new design images for graphics to help move the business forward on a continual basis.
· Work along with product development on achieving goals for design.
· Set high creative standards for our merchandise with constant graphic direction.
· Work in tandem with designers and buyers to help develop trend right merchandise on a continual basis.
· Assures correct follow through from concept to sampling.
What it takes to Join:
· Must be proficient in Illustrator and Photoshop on a Mac platform. Experience in related industry preferred.
· Surf, skate, action background a plus.
· Minimum 8 years' experience preferred. Preferably in junior or related fashion industry.
· BFA, BA or other design related degree desired. · Illustration and graphic design ability.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to communicate creative ideas effectively. Developing the Community/ Leadership Qualities:
· Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality, setting the example for leaders and associates.
· Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships, driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability. · Serve as a Pacsun advocate in the industry and marketplace.
· Recruit, identify, develop, and retain talent that delivers performance excellence.
· As a manager, serve as a leader of company culture, norms, and conduct.
· Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
Salary Range: $89,957-$104,846
· Flexible work from home options
· HQ workforce of 60%+ people of color
· Dog friendly office environment
· Beverages and snacks provided daily
· Onsite gym, volleyball court, ping-pong tables, and a skate park available on campus
· $1,000 referral incentive program
· Generous associate discount of 30-50% off merchandise online and in-stores
· Competitive long term and short-term incentive program
· Immediate 100% vested 401K contributions and employer match
· Calm Premium access for all employees
· Employee perks throughout the year Physical Requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
· While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
· Ability to work in an open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
· Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours, with frequent interruptions.
· Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
· Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel may be required.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. As a National Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Other Considerations: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodation may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.