Senior Digital Designer
Job descriptionSenior Digital Designer
Selfridges has always been much more than a shop. We're a social space where everyone is welcome and feels a sense of belonging, a creative playground where culture and commerce collide, and an experimental hub where you can discover the most innovative and sustainable ideas in retail. We're here to help make the world brighter. And you can be an important part of this. We'll talk more about the role below, but before we get to that, let's share with you the good stuff...
Rewards and benefits
Life at Selfridges is dynamic, exciting, and always evolving. As well as working with some of the most cutting-edge, iconic and boundary-pushing brands, designers and creatives, we also offer our team members opportunities to help make a positive difference through our network of communities, both within and outside Selfridges. Here are just a few of our rewards and benefits that help make our team experience that bit more extraordinary.
- Flexible working options to benefit you, your family and your wellbeing that can include part-time, flexi-time, job sharing or working remotely
- Generous annual leave that increases with length of service
- Up to five paid volunteering days - from beach cleans to co-ordinating food and clothing donations
- Family leave that suits your set up including Maternity, Paternity, Adoption, Surrogacy and Shared Parental leave policies
- Defined pension contribution scheme
- Generous bonus and/or commission scheme
- Enviable team member discount including sale previews and double discount days
- Exclusive local discounts on a range of restaurants, bars, beauticians and entertainment
- Subsidised gym memberships
- Annual travel pass and cycle-to-work schemes
- A sustainable car salary sacrifice scheme
- Several internal communities to get involved in from our Diversity Board and Green Warriors who are leading the charge on D,E&I and sustainability, to the Wellbeings who are always thinking of new ways to champion healthy minds, bodies and routines for our team members
- Workplace Options, our confidential team member assistance programme for when life gets tricky or you need a little guidance
- Access to a wide range of training programmes to help your career development
Read on to find out how you can play your part in Reinventing Retail...
We are looking for an exceptional Senior Digital Designer, to lead and develop Selfridges creative. Based in our London office, a minimum of two days a week, and reporting into the Digital Design Manager, within the wider Selfridges Multimedia team.
The Senior Digital Designer will concept and deliver innovative and cutting-edge creative across Selfridges' digital channels. We are looking for a highly talented individual, tuned into the latest creative and cultural movements with a broad skillset and strong aesthetic to bring Selfridges unique brand personality to life through their creative concepts.
- Lead the way with digital design and brand for Selfridges; enhancing our customer experience by using your skillset and strong typographic skills to create compelling and innovative design and content that helps shape and grow our brand.
- Work with the wider Multimedia Creative team on creative campaigns - defining, shaping and realising innovative ideas through digital design.
- Work alongside the graphic, digital, and production teams, a 3D Motion Designer and with the wider creative studio, in realising opportunities to enhance our editorial content through strong digital creative.
- Comfortable working on a variable scale of projects - from campaign creative and calendar events to working on large scale brand launches and collaborations with external teams; and being a brand guardian across experiences and channels.
- Work hand in hand with UX and Development, support with wider site design and improvements; constantly looking to push forward the Selfridges digital experience.
- Collaborate with other areas of the business to support their channels / needs when required.
Skills & Experience:
- An interest in culture, media and the arts are a must; being connected and up to date with trends and movements both in and out of the industry, and constantly looking for opportunities for this to inspire your creative.
- Proven experience designing engaging and inspiring editorial content, demonstrating how you have worked collaboratively with other teams such as Editors and Art Directors to realise success.
- Proven experience in design across end to end campaigns - from editorial and digital experiences to digital marketing and social content.
- You'll have demonstrative experience in a mid - senior digital design role, with experience and an appreciation of a collaborative approach through teamwork as well as the ability to push and develop ideas independently.
- You'd ideally create, or have an understanding of, motion graphics and immersive experiences for collaboration.
- You'll be used to collaborating with teams, both creative and other areas of business.
- Highly competent with Sketch / Figma / and the full Adobe Creative Suite. Motion experience using After Effects and C4D would be a positive, but not essential.
- Experience using AEM (Adobe Experience Manager, or other similar content management systems, to realise editorial designs.
- Ability to define and redefine design language and support the Digital Design Manager and Head of Design in evolving our brand into a bench-mark setting design leader.
- Ability to navigate through a complex and fast-paced environment
- Commercially astute. You will be attuned to both the Selfridges brand, its competitors, and the wider retail landscape of fashion, accessories, beauty, home, food and drink.
- You'll have demonstrative experience in working in both digital editorial design and creative digital design, with experience and an understanding of a collaborative, teamwork approach.
- You'll have experience in and an understanding of UI design, and the fundamentals of a mobile first approach and responsive web design.
- Experience in using CMS systems, with an intuitive approach to using them in different and creative ways to realise engaging designs.
- You'll be used to collaborating with not only UX and Development teams, but wider creative and cross-functional departments.
- You are able translate briefs into creative and commercial objectives, and drive change in a big organisation, with equal emphasis on detailed design and customer experience
- Culturally connected. With a passion for design and a genuine interest in contemporary culture and what's happening now and next. Your work must speak to the zeitgeist and be able to contribute to both the design and wider cultural conversation
- Proven background in designing high-quality work for premium brands with a strong portfolio showing visual and interactive design work desirable
- A team player
- An example of our values, a trusted and respected colleague
Everyone is welcome
Selfridges is a place where we want everyone to feel a sense of belonging. We embrace every self and are committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive working culture. We are leading with purpose to not only increase the visibility and recognition of under-represented talent within our organisation, but the wider industry too. Here at Selfridges, everyone is welcome - irrespective of race, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, age or disability, we stand by equal opportunities for all.
Our awards cabinet
We're not ones to brag, but since you asked...Selfridges has won the award for The World's Best Department Store an unprecedented four times at the IGDS awards, with an additional award for the Best Sustainability Campaign. We were also recognised as a 'Best 25 Big Company to Work For 2020' as awarded by The Sunday Times.