Senior Director, Apparel Design
As the Sr. Director of Apparel Design, you will provide leadership and strategic design direction for the development of Vans' global Apparel business. You must inspire your team to create compelling and innovative product designs that reflect the brand's values with a strong consumer focus. You will be responsible for driving the design direction and pushing the boundries of what is possible in apparel while staying true to Vans' brand and creative vision.
Join the Vans Family
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the creative voyagers within our company and community. For them, creativity is about the journey, not just the output. Our mission is to empower everyone to use creativity to discover themselves. Our vision is to create a world where anyone can be their unique self.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by our five values: We have HEART - also referred to as the "Van Doren Spirit". We are relentlessly CURIOUS about our consumers and the world around us. We are UNAPOLOGETICALLY AUTHENTIC and whole heartedly believe the most "Off the Wall" thing you can do is be yourself. We are driven by a spirit of INGENUITY. And we are passionate about local COMMUNITIES. And most of all, we are a family that has fun together.
At Vans we empower creative exploration and inspire youth culture through a commitment to inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate and environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
As of October 18, 2021, this position requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 on the first day of employment, absent need for medical or religious accommodation or other exemption as allowed by state or local law. Further information provided during the recruitment process.
Vans' Creative Vision: Creative Experimentation
There is no surer recipe for complacency and creative stagnation than repetition. Therefore, in every creative endeavor, we build in experimentation. It is our engine in the constant pursuit of progress. An environment of experimentation lessens the fear of failure, as failure equals learning.
How You Will Make a Difference
What you will do:
- Lead a global Apparel product organization recruiting and developing the highest caliber of expertise product management and development.
- Create a global and innovation focused culture, capable of working cross-functionally and ensuring the Apparel product vision is reflected and executed in the marketing and distribution strategies.
- Partner with functional leaders on strategic cross functional initiatives designed to drive sales growth, margin improvement or expense reduction that support the delivery of brand and business goals.
- Build the right skill set in the global product engine and regional teams.
- Drive a truly global Apparel product POV to deliver a consumer focused product proposition by leading and mentoring the global product design team while guiding regional capabilities.
- Maintain strong collaboration with design and merchandising teams.
- Deliver a tangible business and brand growth (in line with set revenue and profitability goals).
As a mission-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Skills for Success
Years of Related Professional Experience: 12+ years
Educational Position Requirements:
A formal education and subsequent undergraduate/graduate degrees are nice to have, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
What we expect you already know:
- Thorough knowledge of best global materials, product development and manufacturing practices needed.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership of a globally dispersed and operationally diverse team are key requirements.
- A proven track record of setting strategy and driving change in large organizations. Demonstrated leadership capability in a creative environment, strong strategic planning and analytical skills as well as product merchandising expertise required.
Live with Integrity, Act Courageously, Be Curious, Act with Empathy, and Perservere.
What's in it For You
We're in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That's why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we're the total package. Go to MyVFBenefits.com and click on "Looking to Join VF?" to learn more.
Our Parent Company, VF Corporation
VF is one of the world's largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies connecting people to the lifestyles, activities and experiences they cherish through our family of iconic outdoor, active and workwear brands. At the heart of our journey lies our company-wide purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It's the reason we come to work every day. It's a commitment shared by our global associates across all brands. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
We just have one question. Are you in?
$188,352.00 USD - $282,528.00 USD annually
This position is eligible for additional compensation awards that may include an annual incentive plan, sales incentive, or commission potential. Specific details of the additional compensation eligibility for this position will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
This is position is eligible to participate in a Long-Term Incentive Plan. Specific details of the plan will be provided during the recruiting and interview process.
Benefits at VF Corporation:
You can review a general overview of each benefit program offered, including this year's medical plan rates on www.MyVFbenefits.com and by clicking Looking to Join VF? Detailed information on your benefits will be provided during the hiring process.
Please note, our pay ranges are determined and built from market pay data. In determining the specific compensation for this position, we comply with all local, state, and federal laws.