Senior Director, Design - Men's and Women's Underwear
Centric Brands is a leading lifestyle brand collective that designs, sources, markets and sells high quality products in multiple segments, including women’s, men’s and kid’s apparel, accessories, entertainment and beauty. Centric Brands is focused on our customers and our brands that will drive the company’s future growth. We are defined by innovation as we seize new opportunities and thrive in an environment informed by creativity and thinking that is both analytical and outside the box. Centric Brands reflects a team built on respect, for others and for the hard work it takes to achieve our goals and build our bright future together.
DesignerWhat could be more exciting than putting your mark on some of the world’s most famous and well-loved fashion brands? As a designer for Centric Brands, you’ll use your skills and creativity to create designs based on style plans, sales needs and emerging trends. You will also ensure that your work can be transformed into a finished product in a timely manner and at an appropriate price point. This means working not only with our technical design and production teams, but also building collaborative relationships with outside vendors and other external stakeholders. The challenges are exciting and the possibilities endless – as you contribute your skills in a vibrant, customer- and people-centric culture that celebrates you as a valuable member of the team.
Specific Responsibilities Would IncludeWe are looking for a Senior Director of Design for Men's and Women's Underwear. Responsibilities include:
Strategy & Innovation
- Shop and perform research to isolate key, relevant trends for men’s and women’s underwear, where appropriate; review and provide perspective on competitive analysis; create fabric and concept boards, mock-ups, color-ups and inspirational/trend reports for presentations
- Oversee development of initial seasonal design concepts in context of larger assortment and cost structure; collaborate with sales to devise style plans and design according to trends; ensure timely execution of product development calendar; coordinate among design teams to ensure brand cohesiveness, where appropriate, across categories
Operations & Results
- Lead team in troubleshooting, including identifying and resolving quality and technical issues
- Create designs in Browzwear; build and maintain line sheets; work with product development team to approve raw materials and trims
- Direct assistant in prepping Illustrator files/detail sketches for handoff to design ops team.
- Approve lab dips and ensure consistency with color standards and licensor directives, where appropriate; approve prints and graphics where appropriate; oversee fit process
Customers & Relationships
- Direct interoffice communication and follow-up with internal and external customers and contacts, including suppliers and vendors; partner with production and tech; manage interoffice communication and relationships with vendors and internal customers
Leadership & Teams
- Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary
- Attract, develop and retain talent
- Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals and team
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented, meticulous and creative
- Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for merchandising; strong ability to sketch
- Extensive knowledge of men’s and women’s underwear construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion Design.
- 8 - 10 years experience in apparel design; significant relevant experience primarily women’s underwear.
- Highly proficient in Browzwear, Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers
In return, we provide an industry-competitive salary, along with a comprehensive benefits plan (medical, dental, vision) that includes a matching 401 (k), Summer Fridays, generous PTO, merchandise discounts, excellent career development opportunities, and a work environment that reflects our industry leadership. Our D&I committee is shaping the future of diversity, equity and inclusion at Centric Brands though workshops, resources and inspiring conversation.
Be part of our growing community by getting involved with groups, teams and initiatives like Be Green, Be Giving, and Be Celebrated.Centric Brands is an Equal Opportunity Employer