Senior Fashion Designer
We are looking to hire a Fashion Designer with panache and flair to capture the mood of the street for our Contemporary ready-to-wear brands. The Fashion Designer will keep an eye on the street, reads fashion magazines to spot trends and interpret specific color palettes/patterns for each season. You will sketch your designs by hand, create technical packages, and approve pre and post-production drawings, and address buyers as a seasoned marketer.
Ideal candidates have outstanding business acumen and are creative geniuses. To ensure success, you will be able to spot trends, capture the spirit of the times in your creations, and display business insights in your ability to apply product strategy.
Fashion Designer Responsibilities:
- Managing design process from concept to final production.
- Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics, and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
- Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to lines, and create new concepts.
- Ensuring the product is in agreement with business strategy.
- Selecting fabrics and trims.
- Creating production sketches for development packages.
- Becoming a technical designer to ensure development packages are accurate.
- Reviewing and approving products for style and fit.
- Presenting story, mood, color boards, and samples to management seasonally.
Fashion Designer Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in design or fine arts, or college degree in fashion design or related field.
- 3+ years of design experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft and Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Ability to do sketches by hand or digitally.
- Excellent design and conceptual skills.
- Excellent sense of style and color.
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Possess leadership quality and Positive demeanor
Kindly submit your portfolios as a part of the application process.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $80,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Bachelor's (Required)
- Garment construction: 3 years (Required)
- Fashion design: 3 years (Required)
- Adobe Illustrator: 3 years (Required)
Work Location: One location