Senior Footwear Designer
Senior Footwear Designer
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE & TEAM
Great opportunity for a footwear designer to join the growing and evolving product creation team in Farringdon, London. We’re looking for a new team addition with a strong interest in fashion sneakers, an eye for both detail and cultural significance, is highly creative and has a strong interest in both the design of women’s sneakers and the culture around it. Someone who is keen to be disruptive within this space. (Not to shrink it and pink it).
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Collab continuously with CD, Head of Design and design team (currently one other designer) in ideation of initial concepts, mood boards, direction and strategy. Creation of footwear silhouettes from ideation to sign off ready for production.
You will visualize designs through sketching, both digital and traditional while staying with the creation of a consumer relevant strategy, with the ability to be able to create visual and articulated presentations of direction and ambition.
For those who enjoy bulleted lists here we go:
● Create sketches, illustrations, and style information for designated categories in line with Arigato aesthetic.
● Have a first class understanding of materials and other processes to sustain a high level of quality
● Create technical specs for all styles that will be passed to patternmakers.
● Work with Product Development team to develop each sample to its fullest potential
● Create colour CADS
● Do renderings of all samples in colour
● Support on the fitting for samples and before production
● Ability to create Sole unit tech packs and be able to fully understand design blueprints.
● Be fluent in Adobe suite applications and PowerPoint, interest in 3D creation
● Strong understanding of last construction and fit considerations.
● Communicate with patternmakers and have a presence in the sample room.
● Build great working relationships with peers
● Display openness, transparency and ability to both give and receive candid feedback.
● Be able, when called upon to articulately present designs to the wider team and beyond.
● Seasonal trend & market research and industry awareness
● Cultural awareness
● Development of new materials, processes and constructions.
● Attend fairs in Milan and Paris
● Identify/source material references for inspiration; monitor industry trends.
ARE YOU THE ONE?
We seek someone who has, and continues to, pursue in-depth knowledge of the footwear market, consumers, trends and cultural relevance. You are active in research, and are an inspiration 'sponge'.
Entrepreneurial spirit is an Axel Arigato trait that we appreciate and nourish as a team, self-initiated, forward thinking and one who embraces the notion of taking chances and will push the brand and yourself.
High collaboration skills.
Ability to provide coaching for development growth for junior team members.
In this recruitment, the individual’s personality and adaptive mindset is key. You lead with passion and integrity and footwear is your calling.
Our company language is English and as this role is in contact with external partners, English fluency is a requirement. Travel is also expected and required when needed.
HERE'S HOW TO JOIN THE A-TEAM
Apply by submitting your CV by September 25, 2023. Please apply when you see this ad-we will interview from the start and close the ad if we find a great candidate :)
Salary: According to agreement
Estimated Starting date: ASAP
To see more about our company and careers we welcome you to AXEL ARIGATO - Careers
OUR VALUES : DROP
Diversity, Respect, Openness and Passion are our values that we live and breathe. They are the foundation for our current state and what we will always bring with us to the future.
A BIT ABOUT AXEL ARIGATO
The idea of Axel Arigato started with the founders; Max Svärdh and Albin Johansson, questioning the whole structure of the fashion industry - why and how you make things. By foregoing seasonal collections, traditional sales channels and engaging with customers directly, Axel Arigato was launched with one main objective: to create the present, shape the future, and inspire generations.
At Axel Arigato, our aim is to build a platform through the power of community, inclusivity, and memorable experiences. We are an equal opportunity employer and value a diverse workforce. We believe that our differences are a strength and that by bringing together our individual perspectives and backgrounds, we make magic happen.