Senior Footwear Designer, Men’s Sport Style Innovation
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an outstanding Senior Footwear Designer for the Men’s SSI (Sport Style Innovation) team, who understands street culture and the needs of those communities within this space! We need a highly creative problem solver, who doesn’t settle for anything less than the best design solutions, to meet the needs of the consumer or athlete. The ideal designer will be passionate about elevating the consumer experience through outstanding product craft, and will push the limits of Design! Team collaboration & relationship building is key, while project management skills, strategic thinking, and the ability to help lead project teams to completion is critical.
We are looking for a key contributor to inspire the SSI design team as you work together to implement consumer right product concepts and designs. You'll also contribute and be a key partner, with your leader, in product design and development. You'll be capable of designing any product in the Category, with emphasis on innovative, consumer relevant product. You will also manage a variety of diverse product needs with your team per season.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
If this is you, you'll lead or participate in Key Brand and Footwear Initiatives from design through execution. You'll champion a culturally connected vision with emphasis on product design integrity, forward thinking innovation, industry leading quality & product performance. You will drive the commercial portfolio by partnering with your Materials, Color, Product and Development teams, and bring to life the seasonal creative direction through Footwear Design, future forward trends, and innovations.
You will work under the direction of the Senior Design Director to create innovative designs. You will also communicate concepts and consumer insights to internal and external audiences; finalize tech packages and proactively follow the execution of all product details, including construction, color, form, style, detail, fit performance and cost/value requirements. You will also review all samples and clearly communicate the changes required.WHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in product creation, or a combination of relevant education, experience and training.
- Minimum of 8+ years designing and developing innovative footwear and other products.
- Creative future visioning, High taste-level and strategic thinking.
- Knowledge of form, color, materials, human factors, related to elevating the consumer experience
- Ability to translate consumer knowledge and insights into product solutions and narratives.
- Champion of diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
- Project Management experience.
- Team oriented mentality and proven willingness to partner with others.
- Proven experience working in cross-functional and cross-enterprise teams.
- Possesses digital capabilities and acumen.
- Strong communication and relationship management skills.
- Experience in technical footwear design
- Passion for culture, fashion and sport
- Strong Photoshop, Illustrator, Digital Design skills
- Must be able to build accurate 2D technical drawings (tech packs)
- Passion and awareness for sustainability.
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.