Senior Footwear Designer, Nike Studio
Become a Part of the NIKE, Inc. Team
NIKE, Inc. does more than outfit the world’s best athletes. It is a place to explore potential, obliterate boundaries and push out the edges of what can be. The company looks for people who can grow, think, dream and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. The brand seeks achievers, leaders and visionaries. At NIKE, Inc. it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving game.
NIKE, Inc. designs the future. At NIKE, Inc. designers chase their curiosities and build what’s next, shaping the culture and advancing human potential. The Design teams include artists, inventors and specialists, all with different focuses, including color and material experts, and apparel, footwear and graphic designers. Nike designers look to the future, aggressively pursuing materials, ideas and forms that further elevate the athlete experience, raise the bar for modern style and reduce environmental impact.WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for a Senior Footwear Designer for the Nike Footwear Design Studio! The ideal designer is a curious observer, eager participant and a cultural sponge – seeking insights to solve problems. You will leverage your expert design skills along with highly creative problem solving to build innovative product solutions that elevate the experience and key benefits relevant to the athletes and communities we serve! You will use your design versatility to create visually stunning and industry-leading product through deeply resonating stories – across the wide range of product in the sport performance and sport lifestyle footwear landscape.
The ideal candidate thrives on team collaboration and building new working relationships, while your project management skills, strategic thinking and the ability to work through ambiguity to lead your teams to successful project completion - from concept to reality.WHAT YOU WILL WORK ON
As part of the Nike Footwear Design Studio team, you will work with your Studio Director and Senior Category director to create groundbreaking footwear across the various categories of Nike design – from Mens to Womens product – lifestyle to performance.
You'll lead or participate in Key Brand and Footwear Initiatives from design through execution. You'll champion a culturally connected vision with emphasis on product design integrity, forward thinking innovation, industry leading quality & product performance. You will bring to life the seasonal creative direction through Footwear Design, future forward trends, and innovations.
You will work with the Studio Director and the Category Senior Design Director to create innovative designs. You will also communicate concepts and consumer insights to internal and external audiences; finalize tech packages and proactively follow the execution of all product details, including construction, color, form, style, detail, fit performance and cost/value requirements. You will also review all samples and clearly communicate the changes required.WHO YOU WILL WORK WITH
As a Senior Designer in the Nike Footwear Design Studio, you will be working hand in hand with a large project team of different professionals (engineers, researchers, scientists, marketing, testing, sustainability, materials, costing, etc), collaborate within the design community (industrial designers, materials, color, graphics, computational, etc.) You have an interest in managing, mentoring and onboarding design teammates. This role reports to the Studio DirectorWHAT YOU BRING
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Design or related field or a combination of relevant experience, education or training
- 8+ years experience designing and developing innovative footwear and other products
- Knowledge of form, color, materials, human factors, related to elevating the consumer experience
- Ability to translate consumer knowledge and insights into product solutions and narratives
- Experience in technical footwear design
- Strong Photoshop, Illustrator skills
- Must be able to build accurate 2D technical drawings (tech packs)
- Cobbling and prototyping skills are a plus
- Strong sketching, illustration, and rendering skills
- Solid knowledge of manufacturing processes and materials
- Must be able to generate a broad range of concepts and solutions for each project
- Knowledge and experience with sustainable design and manufacturing are a plus
- Experienced with presentation programs: Keynote, Powerpoint, Acrobat, etc.
- Positive personality and energy
- Contribute and align to shared team culture and behaviors
- Catalyst to make connections with other Design groups
- Lead + drive partnerships beyond the Design function (Marketing, Engineering, Development, etc)
- Open, willing and excited to meet new teammates and forge new partnerships
- Motivated and hardworking about bringing others along
- Experience leading project teams to amazing product results
- Extraordinary teammate, and humble leader
- Collaborator with a skill in connecting the dots
- Speaks up with courage for self and the team
- Open minded, good listener, receptive to candid feedback and diverse points of view
- Interest in managing direct reports, mentoring and onboarding design teammates
Nike requires all applicants for this position to be vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of hire, unless otherwise required by law. As an equal opportunity employer, Nike will make accommodations to individuals who cannot be vaccinated in accordance with applicable law.
NIKE, Inc. is a growth company that looks for team members to grow with it. Nike offers a generous total rewards package, casual work environment, a diverse and inclusive culture, and an electric atmosphere for professional development. No matter the location, or the role, every Nike employee shares one galvanizing mission: To bring inspiration and innovation to every athlete* in the world.
NIKE, Inc. is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or disability.