Senior Garment Technician
We are looking for a passionate Senior Garment Technologist with an excellent technical ability to work closely with the studio team on all Casablanca Paris collections.
You will be responsible for checking patterns from SMS samples to PPS and creating detailed technical packs.
You will have a comprehensive knowledge of the Casablanca Paris standards, and ensure these are met through regularly revised processes, quality of product, and professional conduct.
We work in a fast-paced environment, so willingness to take part in all aspects of the fitting process, and a passion for your work are key. There is a great opportunity to input into the creative journey here at Casablanca Paris, sharing your knowledge and experience as part of our team, so this is a great opportunity for the right candidate.
Key duties & responsibilities:
- Maintain consistency of quality and fit across all collections with the Pattern Cutter, updating and introducing standards and procedures in a supplier manual.
- Take ownership of the product and all issues related to it through evaluating the quality and costs and through recommending and discussing product changes.
- Work with the Pattern Cutters to ensure all patterns have the desired finishing and specification requested.
- Responsible for grading notes and passing over key information relevant to each style. Seasonal development of curve fit and grading.
- Work in line with the deadlines set by the Head of Production.
- Ensure all pattern measurements are taken accurately and updated in the spec sheet.
- Signing off final pre production fit with the Head of Production. Sealing patterns and specs for bulk production. Updating tech packs from production fitting, ensuring that all data is up to date and correct.
- Communicate fit, quality and construction requirements to manufacturers through fitting comments with support of the Production Team.
- Maintain the pattern library.
- Work alongside the Design team and Production team to give technical guidance where needed.
- Leading fit sessions alongside the Head of Production, Pattern Cutter and Design team from initial design stage through to pre-production fitting.
- Follow up with pattern amendment notes to the Pattern Cutter
- To measure in samples ahead of fittings and to review samples on the stand, giving any initial comments relevant for the fit session as well as checking that previous fit commends have been followed
You are intelligent, optimistic, organised, and solution oriented person who thrives from working with a luxury product.
- Must have proven experience in a similar technical led role
- Understanding of fabrics, technical components and sewing techniques
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment, ensuring critical path is honoured Skills on Adobe Illustrator and Microsoft Excel
- You will lead with initiative and a self drive
- Highly passionate about product innovation and product quality.
- You will operate in a professional manner, as a proud representative of Casablanca Paris, and the culture of the brand. This means bringing a problem solving attitude, a friendly approach, and a courteous manner in all dealings.
- Ability to work positively within a team.
- Strong communication skills able to collaborate with multiple departments
- Personal accountability and integrity Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills to meet all seasonal deadlines.
- Eager to learn and adapt to new systems and processes
Note: This list is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the job. The content above is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the role. This does not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.