Senior Global Merchandise Planner
You're an original. So are we.
We're a company of people who like to forge our own path. We invented the blue jean in 1873, and we reinvented khaki pants in 1986. We pioneered labor and environmental guidelines in manufacturing. And we work to build sustainability into everything we do. Our brands stand for freedom and self-expression around the world.
Where we lead, others follow. For more than 160 years, we've used the strength of our brands to lead with our values and make an outsized impact on the world. We employ more than 15,000 people globally to support our great brands: Levi's®, Dockers®, Denizen® and Signature by Levi Strauss & Co.™
The objective of the Global Merchandise Planning team is to connect the dots between demand and supply. The Levi's® Global Merchandise Sr. Planner will drive a key category on the Global Merchandise Planning team. You will use strong analytical skills to inform global assortment plans and will be an important partner to the Levi's® Global Merchandising, Global Supply Planning, and Regional Planning teams through bringing strategic and analytical insights to support brand strategy and vision.
About the Job
- Create long range category plan development in partnership with Global Merchants
- Collaborate with Global Merchants to manage the development of seasonal sub-category productivity plans and targets (assortment architecture) for assigned product categories
- Contribute to development of a Financial Assortment Framework that achieves financial goals within seasonal assortments
- Support development of a tops down global perspective on seasonal investment strategies which focus on monetizing key big ideas and seasonal themes.
- Accountable to "balance" Global Merchandising aspirations with solid foundations of "facts", negotiating and delivering a solid global plan
- Use strong communication skills as liaison between Global Merchandising, Regional Merchandise Planning, and Global Supply Planning.
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity for capacity management for the Supply Planning teams through assessment of bottoms up plans
- Analyze and assess the global sales performance of assigned product categories.
- Help prepare/and participate in Global monthly business review meetings
- Present recommendations and other analysis to manager to create short and long-term business goals
- Promote and direct development of analysis that yields actionable insights to improve effectiveness of global product assortments
- Bachelor's degree; Finance, Operations, Retail Management or Business Management required (or equivalent work experience)
- 4+ years of experience in: retail merchandise planning, merchandising, demand forecasting; inventory management, allocation or replenishment; financial planning or financial analysis experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft excel (can perform complex functions) required; can manipulate large quantities of data to guide our decisions
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills to interpret meaningful themes from quantitative data
- Retail math skills, understanding of forecasting methodology
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships across teams, global regions and cultures
We put a lot of thought into our programs to provide you with a benefits package that matters. Whether it is for medical care, taking time off, improving your health or planning for retirement, we've got you covered. Here's a small snapshot:
- 401K match: $1.25 for every $1.00 you contribute up to the first 6% of pay you save.
- Five hours of paid volunteer time per month with nonprofit organizations
- Product discount of 60% off regular-price merchandise
- Paid Family Leave
Currently, LS&CO requires proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as a condition of commencing employment, except in those jurisdictions where prohibited by law. Medical or religious accommodations, or other exemptions that may be required by applicable law, will be approved whenproperlysupported. Further information is provided during the recruitment process.
San Francisco, CA, USA
FULL TIME/PART TIME